Chapter 1 - First Interaction

Start from the beginning

"No," Khushi shook her head.

"Feel comfortable bitiya. This is your house too. Tell me, do you want something?" Nani asked in a soft and sweet tone, patting her shoulder, trying to make Khushi feel comfortable among them. Not only she, but everyone in the house noticed how Khushi was struggling to adapt herself to the new ambience, new lifestyle and new people around her.

"Ji (Yes).. Water.." Khushi replied in low tone.

Arnav passed the bottle of water to her. He took a glass from the cabinet and handed it to her.

"Thank you Bhaiya," Khushi said as she took the glass from his hand.

Arnav coughed badly as his eyes widened. Nani patted his back frowning in worry, "What happened Chote?"

Khushi poured the water on her glass hurriedly and handed it back to him.

Arnav patted his chest with his left hand shaking his head, while he raised his right hand to her indicating that he doesn't want water.

"Are you okay?" Nani asked.

Arnav nodded his head once he was calm from the shock he just got. In one week she had spent with them, they never interacted with each other, hence he wasn't expecting her to call him Bhaiya. He just prayed this to be a nightmare.

"You don't need to call me Bhaiya.. Just call me Arnav.." he faked a smile.

"You're elder to her that's why she is calling you Bhaiya. You, Chiku and Akash are like brothers for her only," Nani said sternly.

"Does that mean she will call her Husband, Bhaiya if he turns out to be older than her?" Arnav asked sarcastically.

"Chote don't try act smart with me," Nani glared at him.

Arnav sighed. 

"Do you want to join me for a morning walk?" Arnav asked to Khushi.

Khushi shook her head, looking down.

"She will stay with me and help me with preparations for pooja, right Khushi?" Nani said, not leaving a chance for Arnav to convince Khushi to go with him. 

Khushi nodded her head.

Arnav knew very well that his Nani was trying to keep a distance between  Khushi and the young boys of the house, means him and Akash to prevent them from developing feelings for each other. As Shashi trusted his daughter to her, she had a huge responsibility towards Khushi. She had to ensure that Khushi keeps her concentration on her studies and does nothing that would bring her and her father to shame.

"I'll get going then," he replied, glancing one last time at Khushi before walking out of the kitchen. 

************************************************************************

Sometime later..

Arnav walked out of his room in hurry for being constantly called by his family to drop Khushi at her college as they didn't want to make her be late on the very first day itself.

He brushed his hair with his fingers on the way, cursing them for not having patience for someone to get ready.

"Chote what were you doing? Can't you see what time is it? Khushi will be late because of you," Ratna scolded him when he appeared at the living room, taking his bag from the couch.

"Teach your kids to be responsible as well Ratna. See Akash already left to Hospital with his father but Chote is still getting ready and Chiku is still sleeping," Nani taunted.