𝗺𝘆 𝘁𝗿𝘂𝗲 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲

it's sad and i didn't read it wholly afterwards so read it at your own risk. i miss you Whitney, so much; thank you for all the good you've done to this world. have fun with God, the One you've always loved and turned to. 

"Off you go, Whitney. Off you go..." Kevin trailed off, his hand brushing his forehead in anxiety and pure sorrow. "Escorted by an army of angels...to your Heavenly Father. And when you sing before him, don't you worry...you'll be good enough."

His mind clouded by his pain, Kevin gathered his paper sheets with shaking hands without even hearing the applauds of the people around—nothing mattered, she was gone. The electric sting of pain punctured his heart. Kevin sat down beside his blonde-haired wife—who didn't seem to comprehend his private relationship with the legend Whitney Elizabeth Houston—and he blinked back burning tears.

Her song—their song—echoed along the walls of the church, her bare voice torturing his heart and soul. Now, he feels it: the vivid comeback of all the memories they had shared. Like when she prepared for the screen test—the crew needed to be sure of her ability—and revealed her lack of confidence in herself. Whitney didn't believe in her beauty, her talent, her own voice. His words soothed her, along with his hands wrapped around hers protectively and the feel of his fingers against her cheek until he pulled away, knowing how inappropriate it was although his feelings for her shone through his sea blue eyes.

The flame, that had been living within his chest thanks to Whitney, ceased to burn. Kevin wasn't even conscious of his gestures—she seized his heart, his mind, his soul. No, she would never come back. Never. Her warmth, her smile, her love, her light, descended in the earth, protected in her golden casket—how could he live now? how was he supposed to smile again? how could he bear her absence in his life?

Of course, he was married. However, it never held them back from flirting with one another and kissing innocently in dark corners of rooms—it could never happen again now. Kevin closed his eyes, briefly recounting inward the moment at the Oscars of 1999. The attraction betwixt them led them outside, where he laced his fingers with hers above her head, and pressed his mouth on hers, warmth filling his stomach. She would scrunch up her nose and dart around before giving him urgent kisses.

Her characteristic, soft laugh resonated in his head, bringing tears into his blue orbs again. Christine furrowed her brows and ran her fingers through her blonde hair—something wasn't right with him. Although Kevin had already suffered from a loss, this state of emptiness had never possessed him like that; plus, he had never written such an emotional eulogy. The model raised her eyebrows and decided to let him float in his reveries for the moment.

Kevin closed his eyelids and the view of her red dress in 2007 flashed before him. This time, she even managed to slip in a room upstairs, where she waited for his presence—Dionne had talked to him when his wife distanced to get a drink. As soon as he entered the room, her dark eyes illuminated. This look... he would never forget it. Time suffocated them, therefore, they had to be quick but it didn't diminish this inexplicable passion. Her fingers ran along the length of his back, through his hair, on his cheeks, as she moaned his name over and over again, waves of pleasure washing over them.

"Kevin!" his wife interrupted the remembrance of the pieces of his happiness—how hard he wished to not have listened to his soulmate and to have divorced his current wife. I didn't save her. I should have saved her. I should have. "Hey! Listen to me. What's the matter with you? First, you embarrass me by saying that she is your true love and now you don't even talk to me?!"

Kevin covers his face with his hands, scenes from their movie swirling in his mind, "I need time."

"Time for what? She was a friend, I am your wife. I don't understand. Was there...Did you..." she trailed off, waiting for him to interrupt her and tell her the usual of course not answer but he merely glanced at her before concentrating his gaze on the landscapes through the window. "Oh! You slept with her?!"

After a silence, he spoke, his voice husky and shaky, "I meant it. She is my true love."