CHAPTER SEVEN: PART 1

Congratulations On Reaching 1K Reads!!! This Wouldn't Have Been Possible Without All Of You Beautiful And Lovely Readers,
Please I Would Really Appreciate It If You Guys Would Vote And Comment Your Thoughts And Opinions On Each Chapter, It Would Really Help Motivate Me.
Thank You And Please Enjoy.
--------------------

A Month Later...

Ayani

The sudden and loud sound of my phone ringing immediately jolted me awake from my deep sleep.

I was slightly confused at the unfamiliar tone since my phone didn't ring that often, but when I had recognized it, my hand reached out to pick it up from my nightstand.

My tired eyes squinted at the bright screen to see Gabriel's name flashing across it.

I didn't waste time to swipe and answer the call, interested in Gabriel's unusual action and why he was calling me at this hour.

"Gabriel? Are you okay? Is anything wrong?" My groggy voice quietly sounded as drowsiness slowly left me.

"Have I ever told you how sexy your voice sounds." Gabriel's resonant voice candidly directed.

His blatant words prompted my face to heat up, leaving me flustered and completely wiping away any traces of sleep left.

Did this man really call me in the middle of the night to tell me this?

"Ga..Gabriel, you can't say things like that." I weakly reprimanded, my breathless voice not fooling anyone.

He was pointing out mine when his own voice was clearly far more attractive.

His brief orotund chuckle quickly pulled me out of my rumination.

"Happy Birthday Princess." Gabriel's tone softened as the mellifluous words rolled off his tongue.

For a moment I was taken aback before I moved my phone away from my ears back to my line of sight to look at the time and date which read 00:01 and Saturday, 24 September respectively.

Today really was my birthday.

I recall telling Gabriel about my date of birth earlier on when we had first met and surprisingly he remembered when even I didn't.

"Gabriel..." And like my usual self I nearly choked up before letting out a low laugh at how childish yet so adorable Gabriel was for wanting to be the first one to wish me happy birthday.

"Thank you, you're so sweet." I acknowledged with a beatific smile goofily playing on my lips before he replied with a well-received and pleased hum.

"What shift are you working today?" He asked before I informed him that it was the afternoon one.

"You don't mind if I come over and spend the morning with you right?" He smoothly proposed just like his ever so charming self.

"Of course, not at all." I quickly responded to, elated and excited that I would have Gabriel himself keep me company on my day since I never really did anything special on my birthday.

"Okay baby girl, I'll be there around eight, get some sleep, sweet dreams." We bid our goodnights before I slowly drifted back to sleep, much more happier and contented than the first time.

---------------

I was about to slide on my white ankle sock before the sound of a knock halted my actions.

Placing the material besides its pair, I moved to the door before opening it to reveal none other than Gabriel.

But he didn't come alone, in one of his hand was a large and white cake box while his other hand held the handles of both a plastic and shopping bag.