"Did you not know?"

"Know... what?"

"There's about five factions left. After Doomsday most people died out of greed and starvation, but the few that remained left this place-" He motioned at the old buildings we were surrounded by.

"-which I think was called Manburg, look, how long did you say its been since you've seen anyone??" Tommy peered at me closely.

My head was spinning. I couldn't think properly. There were more people? They... they were still alive?

"I guess I just thought everyone else had... died." I whispered. It was stupid, perhaps to think that simply because I had left them behind, they had ceased to exist.

"Perhaps I'd better refresh your memory a bit... then you tell me your story?" Tommy said, surprisingly gentle as opposed to the energetic side he had just shown barely five minutes before. I nodded numbly. Tommy started talking.

"About 10 or so years ago, this world was one. No factions, or other countries, just this one place - Esempi. Most of my childhood everyone just lived, no-one ruled, no-one told anyone what to do, there were just unspoken rules that everyone knew and followed."

"Fast forward to 4 years ago, when this absolute dickhead, Ol' 'President' Schlatt, decided we needed a government. And don't ask me how he did it, but he pulled together an election. He dared the locals to step up and run against him. No-one did."

"Schlatt came from a wealthy family. Wealth didn't really matter to most of us, but there were still those who couldn't resist the thought of power. So when it came to Election Day, Schlatt and his merry band of morons had the public scared. He would've won solely off money and fear."

Tommy paused. He smiled at himself for a brief moment and continued.

"My brother grew up with Schlatt. They never really got on, always competing for top spot in everything. Except my brother always did it with honour and mostly dignity, whereas Schlatt did it for money and with greed. So we weren't really surprised when he volunteered to run for president against Schlatt."

"Bet he would've loved that."

"He was furious at first, but then I guess he remembered who he had with him. Some Mexican dude and another guy that never showed up. But anyway the public were a lot less scared when Wilbur got on stage-"

"Wait, Wilbur's your brother?" I choked. "As in the Wilbur who tried to kill me??"

"Adopted," Tommy said, shrugging.

"So yea, Wilbur got on stage, said some inspiring speech about doing a better job than that fucker, and it seemed to work."

"He won?"

"Well, no. Not exactly. Schlatt won by a landslide, again, out of fear. Wil did not take that well. First thing Schlatt did? Exile him."

"No!" I gasped.

"Yep. Didn't see him for about 2 more years. Until 'Doomsday'" Tommy splayed his hands out, forming an imaginary sign in front of him.

"What exactly was Doomsday?" I asked, my heart beating fast. Tommy looked grim.

"Wilbur had finally had enough. During his exile he met people. Formed alliances within Manburg's walls. Told me himself, he planned a whole rebellion. against Schlatt and his 'government'. Somehow he planted TNT everywhere underground. And I mean everywhere."

"Only problem is, he was betrayed last minute. Some fucker named Eret. They tipped Schlatt off and Wilbur lost the element of surprise. I guess he panicked and set the TNT off too early. Entire Presidential Building was destroyed, along with the Prime Church." Tommy sighed.