Prologue

Prologue

In a building apartment at second floor, inside a simple and elegant apartment, members of an upper middle class family - Raizada family - were having breakfast peacefully, talking to each other about daily stuff and pulling each other's legs.

"Ratna I had informed you that Shashi's daughter will stay with us till she completes her college

"Ratna I had informed you that Shashi's daughter will stay with us till she completes her college. Remember?" Devyani, the eldest member of the family asked with a soft smile on her lips.

"Yes. I do remember Ma. She's coming today, right? I already asked HP to clean the guest room and made the proper arrangements. Don't worry Ma," her daughter, Ratna replied. Ratna is an independent woman who raised her three children alone, after her husband put an end to their marriage when he abandoned her for another woman. Since then, Ratna has been living with her family who helped her in tough times to raise her three children.

"Her father called me and said that they're on their way only. They have already reached Delhi.." Nani said.

"Great!" Ratna smiled.

"Chote and Chiku behave yourselves in front of the girl. Treat her with respect and never cross your limits with her. Her father is a very strict man and he only allowed her to come to Delhi for studies only, and he wouldn't have allowed her to come here if I didn't accept her to stay here. He didn't want to let his daughter to come to city and live in hostel also" Nani said sternly.

"You think I'll be interested in a girl that is elder to me Nani! I already told you I like my classmate Sheena" Ayan, the youngest son of Ratna, said in teasing tone.

Nani glared at him, shaking her head in disbelief, "It's not age to have girlfriends, concentrate on your studies!"

"And I'll make her my sister. Happy now Nani?" Arnav added sipping his coffee.

"Very good! And since you both consider her as sister. So it's your duty to protect her from outside world from now on. Chote you'll drop and pick her from college everyday, right?" Nani asked with a sheepish smile.

"Kya Nani! I need to reach early everyday at office.. already my car is getting repaired and I've to go by foot or catch rickshaw to office and now you're adding one more responsibility on my shoulders.. I'm not owner of that company, just a software engineer there.. they'll deduct my salary if I reach late" Arnav whined frowning slightly.

"Accept it beta.. Chiku is still young and irresponsible, he goes to his school with his friends only, your Mama and Akash are always busy in hospital, they won't have time to pick her up at anytime due to their schedules.. only you're left.. her college is on the way to your office only.. It won't make you delay at all" Ratna said, ruffling the back of her son's hair lovingly to pacify him.