She carefully takes his face in her hands, pulling him down to her height. "You know you're the only one I talk to. Check my phone if you don't believe me." She says calmly. He nods, straightening up and pulling her against his chest tightly. "I believe you, babydoll." She sighs, fisting her hands in his shirt, and breathing in his intoxicating scent. She realizes she's never felt this safe with a man since her grandfather. She's fallen for Terry. Like a mouse into a trap fallen. Like take him away and she can't breathe fallen. She loves him like oxygen. She looks up at him with a smile.

"I love your smile." He says, lifting a hand to her cheek, running his thumb over her bottom lip. She looks down, her face going red. He lifts her chin. "Let's get home." "But-" She starts. "The bookstore can wait. I wanna be with you." He lifts her, wrapping her legs around his waist and kissing her forehead as she buries her face in his neck. Once home, he lifts her again, rushing inside and pinning her to the door, attacking her lips with his own. He kisses down her neck, biting here and there. She lifts her head, groaning quietly. He smirks against her skin, deciding now's time, marking her.

"You're gorgeous." He mumbles against her neck, looking up at her. Her eyes are shut and her breathing is shallow. She slowly opens her eyes, looking down at him. "I love you." She says softly, her kind eyes taking in his features, loving the way he looks at her. He sets her on her feet, looking down at her. "What?" "I love you, Terry Silver." She takes his face in her hands, pulling him down. "It snuck up on me, but I know it." His face breaks out in a shit eating grin as he lifts her off the ground, peppering her face with kisses. She giggles, jokingly pushing his face away with one hand.

"I love you, Madeline." He says, setting her on her feet. "I don't get why people think you're an ass. You're such a softie when it comes to me." She says with a smirk. "Oh, a softie, huh?" His eyes hold mischief as he lifts her, running to the living room and pinning her to the couch, tickling her. Her laughter fills the air, making him smile. "I take it back! I take it back!" She says between laughs. His hand slowly stills as he leans closer. His knees are on either side of her hips, her hands in one of his above her head. She grins, looking up at him as he lets her hands go. They tangle in his hair.

She pulls him down, attaching their lips. Her fingers tug at tangles in his hair causing him to groan against her mouth. She takes her swollen bottom lip between her teeth, pulling away from him. "Wanna watch movies?" She asks, wanting to be held in his grasp as they watch. He nods, moving off of her then pulling her against him. He's lying on the couch with her on top of him, his fingers drawing patterns across her back. "Sit up real quick." She says, sitting up and putting her hands on his chest. He sits up and she reaches behind him, carefully taking his hair out of the hair tie.

She musses it up, smiling when he laughs. When he lies back again, her hand comes up, messing with the ends of his hair. He smiles, kissing her forehead, and shifting to get comfortable. "I love you." She mumbles sleepily after a moment, her eyes struggling to stay open as they stare at the tv. His fingers are still tracing small patterns on her back, lulling her to sleep. Even after everything, he can't believe he got this stubborn girl to love him back. She was so set on hating him and leaving as soon as she could. Then... she fell in love with him the way you fall would asleep.

He looks down at her sleeping figure, taking in her features. Her normally angry face is calm, almost sweet looking. Her black hair, with brown roots, is tied up high in a ponytail. He carefully takes it down, running his fingers through it, and gently combing out tangles. His hands hold her tighter to him, smiling when she hums contently, snuggling into him. He looks over at the tv, a movie playing but he's not paying attention to it, no. He's thinking about Madeline. How her eyes always follow his figure, especially if she's mad at him. How her hair falls around her, thick and feathery.

He could think about her all day long and never tire. She's gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous. He never thought he'd fall for a girl so young, swore he'd never be one of those guys. But then Madeline came along. She came along all fiery and angry, her green eyes glaring holes through Terry. She stirs as he stares at her, sighing and fisting her small hands in his shirt. His hands tighten, pressing a kiss to her fevered forehead. Her breathing shallows and her hands twitch, eyes darting back and forth beneath the lids. "Madeline, doll, wake up." He shakes her shoulder, she's having a nightmare.

She sits up quickly, teary eyes scanning the room before falling on Terry. He sits up just in time for her to throw her arms around him. She takes in a shaky breath, holding him tighter. "Babydoll, it's okay." He mumbles against her hair, holding her against him. "I'm right here." He says softly, whispering sweet nothings into her ear to calm her. Hot tears drip down her cheeks as she looks up at him. "Hey, hey, it's all right." His hands cup her cheeks, carefully wiping her face. "I'm here, you're safe." "Nobody's coming to get me?" She asks through tears. "Nobody." He answers.

"Why would you think anyone is coming to get you?" "Matthew. He shouldn't be here. He said I wasn't worth it. Worth what, Terry?" He shakes his head, pulling her closer. "I don't think we need to find out. Come on, let's go lie down in my bed for a bit. It's gotta be more comfortable than sleeping on a couch." "I don't know. I was pretty comfortable." She says with a laugh. "Of course you were." He teases, carefully standing while wrapping her legs around his waist. He walks upstairs, her already falling asleep again. When he lies her down, he starts to walk out of the room.

She's quickly by his side, taking his hand. "Stay with me." She mumbles, looking up at him. "Of course, doll." He lifts her bridal style, carrying her to bed and dropping her on the mattress. She laughs, smacking his chest when he climbs in beside her. "I think you should move your stuff in here. There's plenty of room for both of us." He says, trying to sound like he doesn't care. "You mean it?" She asks, looking up at him. He grins. "This means you have to deal with my posters scattered across your walls." "Oh, God, I'll have a teenager's room." He jokes, laughing when she pouts.

"I'm kidding. Of course, I mean it. I want you to move your stuff in here. Your room can be made a little reading nook for you." He states, kissing her forehead. She crawls on top of him, straddling his hips and pressing her lips to his. He's caught off guard but quickly kisses back, his hands finding their way under her shirt, fingers digging into her back. She smiles, looking down at him as she pulls back, running her hand through his hair. "Let's get my stuff moved, Silver." He laughs, shaking his head and sitting up with her. "I'll move it." "You'd really do that for me?" "Anything for you, doll."