22. suprise! i'm pregnant.

Start from the beginning

But it did.

It was a little safe haven Otto had, something that was awfully rare in her life.

It amused JJ how something so simple as a rocking hammock broke down the intense Ottilie Moreau, it was her weak spot. Once she sat down and he began pushing it with his foot he could see the smallest hint of a smile on Otto's lips.

It was subtle, very subtle.

But it was there.

Otto was still completely unreadable to the vast population, but there were a few people who could read her.

Her mother and father, obviously.

But then there was JJ who was very slowly finding her tells, the little give aways she couldn't hide.

Like the tiny upward curl of her lips and crinkle in her eye.

They were both silent, the only noticed were birds, distant conversations, the creak of the hammock swaying back and forth and JJ exhaling every so often.

It was serene.

And Otto fucking loved it.

She felt like she could let her guard down, just a little.

Her mind stopped working overtime just for a little while, it got a well deserved break. But then it started up again.

"You know my garden, you've obviously seen the little granny flat at the back." Otto said.

"I have." He agreed.

"Well my parents are finally finishing it, they want me to have my own space. But, it's got two bedrooms. I thought I should probably offer it to you."

Otto didn't even open her eyes as she offered, it was completely blasè, almost like she was commenting on the weather and not offering a borderline homeless teenager somewhere to stay that wasn't days away from being condemned.

JJ's eyes widened at the offer, "That sounds great." He couldn't contain the smile on his face.

"You'll get to see the kid grow up and shit like that." She mumbled.

"Now that is a deal breaker for me. I was hoping just to pop in once every couple of months and take it to the shops so it idolises me." He jokes.

"Sometimes I wish I could staple your mouth shut, my life would be a hell of a lot easier."

"You wound me, Tillie."

After a little while they congregated to the living room and Otto floped down onto the decrepit sofa and got herself comfortable.

It took JJ about ten minutes to convince the TV, that was definitely older than both them, to work.

He sat down beside Otto, leaving ample room between them.

The opening credits began popping on the screen.

Leonardo Dicaprio.

Kate Winslet.

Billy Zane.

Bill Paxton.

Then the title was written on the screen.

The Titanic.

Otto had absolutely no desire to watch it, the extent of her knowledge on the film was that Leondaro Dicaprio definitely could fit on the door.

Every so often JJ looked across at Otto to see if she was enjoying the movie, she didn't look displeased so he took that as a win.

As the boat hit the iceberg Otto rolled her eyes, "How the fuck did they not just, I don't know, miss the giant iceberg? I think I would've been able to steer around the damn thing."

The movie continued, it got to the iconic door scene and Otto snorted, "He could've fit on the damn door, if they wanted him to die why didn't they just give her a smaller door?"

Aftee the movie finished he asked what she thought of it.

Otto shrugged, "Could've been worse. Really could've been worse."

That was high praise indeed.

Otto stood up, "I should go home, I'll see you at some point in the next three to six months."

He got up as well, going to sit himself back down on the verandah and get aggressively high until he fell asleep.

As Otto opened the door she tripped over, JJ grabbed the back of her shirt so she wouldn't fall but she managed to catch herself.

They both looked down at the floor.

"What did you order?" Otto asked, staring down at the envelope.

JJ looked down confusion painted across his face, "Nothing."

I promise it's not a bomb... that would be ridiculous... I'd never do that.

Hehe