C H A P T E R 14

C H A P T E R 14

"Yeah, Bobby, we lost them." I said over speaker phone.
Dean and I phoned Bobby in the morning, after the big fight.
"What do you mean 'you lost them', Delaware?" Bobby asked, disappointed.
"I mean that we tried to kick ass, but the ass ran off." I said, rubbing my forehead.
"God dammit!" Bobby yelled over the phone.
"Bobby, calm down, we're gonna find them. But, have you found where Lilith's at yet?" Dean asked, nervous.
"Matter of fact, I did, ya idjit. She's in the area, at that big fancy church. She's gonna break the seal at 6 o'clock sharp tonight." Bobby said.
"Where'd you find that information, Bobby?" I asked, my eyes wide.
"I pulled it outta my ass, kid."
I sighed.
"I tortured some demon, okay?" Bobby shot back.
"Whoa there, Bobby. Thanks anyways, though." Dean said, then ended the call.
"That's probably where Sam's headin'." I said, leaning back in my wooden chair.
Dean and I were sat at the creaky plastic table in the motel room. It was 4:40 p.m, and Dean and I just got back from doing research at the Library for anything and everything on this ritual.
"Exactly." Dean said, standing up. He pushed in his chair and headed over to the tiny fridge that was situated in the far corner of the room, nestled between the counters and cabinets of the mini kitchenette. He grabbed a beer and twisted it open.
"A little early, isn't it?" I asked. Dean shrugged and turned away from me, stilling guzzling down his beer.
"Anyways,... What's the plan?" I asked, shifting in my seat. My palms were collecting sweat, so I wiped them on the stiff, plastic tablecloth.
"We're gonna camp out at the scene for a bit, see if there's any sign of Sammy. Then, we'll go in, find Lilith, kill her, and make sure Lucifer doesn't get out of the cage." Dean explained effortlessly.
I nodded slowly, my mind racing. "We can head over there around 5:30, maybe." I said. Dean nodded and placed his empty beer bottle in the sink.

****5:29 PM****

We sat in the Impala, parked behind a dumpster in the far back parking lot of the church. We sat there in silence, waiting for Sam.
Suddenly, a little blue Mazda rolled into the parking lot. In the driver's seat was Sam, and beside him was Ruby. Ruby looked nervous. She was probably planning on killing Sam. Or me. Or Dean. Or any of us. I knew that she was on Lilith's side.
"What now?" I whispered, not looking at Dean, but keeping my eyes on that small blue Mazda.
"Let's go say hi." Dean whispered back. I gave him a look. "Say 'hi'? That's all you got?"
"Well, I'm not planning on killing my own brother, Delaware." Dean said, glaring at me. I put my hands up in a surrendering gesture. "Whoa there, cowboy." I mumbled sarcastically.
Dean and I jumped out of the Impala and made our way to Sam.
Sam was surprised to see us, and I could sense that Dean was anxious to get this over with.
"We're not here to bust any lips, we're just here to kill Lilith and go, okay? Okay." I said. Sam and Ruby nodded.
We all started to walk towards the gigantic church. The church looked old and full of secrets. I grasped the gold handle of the big door and slowly twisted it. The door swung open, and a cold breeze brushed past us. We headed inside, our weapons out.
We wandered the empty halls, careful not to knock over anything that would give our presence away.
We stood outside the big wooden doors with stained glass pictures that depicted Jesus' birth. Just as I was about to turn the doorknob, Dean stopped me.
"Are you ready for this?" He whispered.
What kind of question is that?
I didn't answer him, but I knew that my eyes showed my fear.
My cowardice. My weakness.
I turned the knob, and opened the door a tiny bit, just to get a good look.
Standing there, covered in the Reverend's blood, was Lilith. A long, white dress was draped over her shoulders and continued down her body. She had a knife in one hand, and her other hand was stained with blood. She was standing in the middle of what looked like a gigantic pentagram with words and symbols everywhere, all painted with the Reverend's blood.
Sam grabbed my shoulder and pulled me away. "Delaware, stop stalling." He said.
Sam and Ruby pushed past me and entered the spacious room, walking down the aisle, past the pews.

What the hell were they doing?

A/N

Next chapter is going to be a heartbreaker! You'll all hate me for it, lol.

-macywho