C H A P T E R 11

(maddywinchester is cool)

C H A P T E R 11

It was 3 a.m and Sam is screaming again. This time it was about his dead mother. I chose to sleep in the bedroom directly above Sam, so Dean could get a tiny bit more rest.
I could hear Sam talking to himself. He was so distraught. He would start screaming for Dean, but then he would stop, then he would shriek and pound against the door, asking for Bobby or me.
His conversation with his mother started to fade away. Then the screaming came, but this time, for me. I threw the covers away from me and slipped on my cowboy boots. I sneaked out of my room and down the creaky steps. Bobby and Dean never check on Sam anymore. They ignored his pleading. But I'm different.
Yes, I started out hating Sam, but I thought he was a threat. But now, seeing him like this; vulnerable, scared and flat-out weak, it has changed my views on him.
I snapped back to reality, standing in front of the strong iron door. I slid a knob to the right, opening a little slit of a window so I could look at Sam.
He sat on his creaky bed, the mattress springs barely holding him up. His hands her clasped, and sweat beads collected at his brow and forehead. Hot tears stained his cheeks. He looked up at me, his eyes broken and hollow.
"Delaware... Y-you.. You gotta let me out of here.... I'm,.. I can't do this anymore." Sam begged, his shoulders slouched.
"Sam, I've told you a millions times,-"
Sam's eyes got dark.
"It's the symptoms of withdrawal, I know that! You stupid, stupid woman!" Sam yelled. He stood up and stumbled to the door.
"Let me out, Delaware," Sam grabbed the bars that were welded to the tiny window, "let. Me. Out!" He screeched, his voice going hoarse. His knuckles started to rip and bleed as he banged them against the hard door.
"Sam, please. Go to sleep. You need it. I need it." I whispered the last part. I was so tired. I've been living off of 3 hours of sleep a night.
Sam's hands left the iron bars. His eyes dug into mine, his state cold and mean.
Sam whispered something and turned his back to me.
I slid the window shut, locking it. I triple-checked the door's 3 locks. Everything was tight and secure, and this would all be over soon.
I headed back upstairs quietly, and entered my room. I shook off my boots and dove back into bed.

*********

Dean shook me by the shoulders, yelling for me to wake up. He threw my covers off of me. I shot up, my eyes open wide. "What? Dean, what happened?"
Dean had dark bags under his eyes and a scared look on his face.
"Sam's gone."
Those words terrified me to death.
I stuffed my feet into my boots and grabbed my jacket. Dean lead me downstairs to the panic room, and the lock was broken open, even though it locks from the outside. I looked inside the room, and the bed was broken in half and pieces of mattress was scattered everywhere.
"He took one of Bobby's old mustangs out. I'm gonna call the phone company to get a GPS on him." Dean explained. I gave a shaky nod and we went back upstairs and into the kitchen were Bobby sat at the table.
Dean grabbed the phone and dialled the number. Dean wandered into the living room to talk there. I sat down across from Bobby at the tiny table.
"Not really the greatest wake up call, huh?" Bobby mumbled, rubbing his eyes. He looked exhausted.
Dean came back into the kitchen and set the phone down.
"My cell can track him down now. He's currently in a town about 157 miles west of here." Dean grumbled, scratching and rubbing the back of his head.
"He must've got out around..." I checked the time. It was currently 6:12 a.m. "Maybe around 4 a.m. I went down to check on him around 3, so..." I said, leaning back into my chair.
"Well, what happened when you went down there?" Dean pressed. I shrugged.
"He started begging for me to let him out, and I said no. He turned away from me and whispered something. I didn't hear it. I told him to go to sleep. Then I went back upstairs." I explained.
Bobby yawned and nodded.
"Well, we better get started on finding the boy." Bobby said.
"Do... Do you think he has any demon blood on him? Like his flask?" I asked in a quiet tone.
"No, we drained and washed his flask. He probably snuck out to see his bitch." Dean grumbled. Bobby nodded in agreement.
"I got some left over peach cobbler from the neighbour. Let's eat breakfast then track the boy down." Bobby's chair squeaked as he stood up and headed to the fridge. I grabbed some plates and silverware and set the table.

Let's have one last breakfast together before all Hell breaks loose.

A/N

I have the ending planned for this! Probably (THIS IS A MERE ESTIMATION) 3 or 4 more chapters left. MAYBE.
It'll be sad to see this book go, lol. And the ending will suck because you guys will hate me for it.

Anyways, another chapter, another weight of feels.

-macywho