Damons thought in The Sacrifice part 2

The Sacrifice

Part 2

“STEFAN!”

“STEFAN, STEFAN!”

Elena’s frantic cries echoed off the stone walls as I was forced to block her entrance into the tomb where Katherine and now Stefan were trapped. I pinned her against the stone interior preventing her from making another beeline for the tomb warning “Don’t you dare!”

“Stefan’s in there Damon, how could you let this happen?” She implied hysterically.

I couldn’t believe she had the nerve to blame me for this mess so I replied tediously “What are you talking about, I was too busy saving you from your crazy kamikaze mission.”

 “You didn’t even have to go after the moonstone in the first place” She argued frantically.

Annoyed that I had to explain myself I added pointedly “It was the right call Elena!”

“Right call, right-right, how can any of this be the right call?” she shuttered hysterically trying to break free from my grip, which I increased instinctively.  

Despite me holding her captive harder against the wall she began to thrash frantically, pounding her fists against my chest whilst pleading angrily “Damon let go of me, Damon let go of me, let go of me, let go of me!” 

Finally defeated she stopped her hysterical tantrum begging with her eyes for me to release her so I inquired condescendingly “Are you done?” She answered with a defeated glare which I matched with an intense one before reluctantly stepping backwards releasing her. Unbelievably she moved automatically in the direction of the tomb entrance but huffed in aggravation when I held my finger out to her warningly, at this she eventually gave up and stalked out from the tomb in a sulk.

Now knowing that Elena was now safely away from the tomb I was able to breathe easy for a moment or rather able to contemplate the new disastrous situation we now faced. 

Aware that Stefan was now standing in the archway I complained accusingly “Of all the idiot plans Stefan.”

“I’ll find a way to get out,” he replied calmly “It’s alright, I’ll err…..handle myself, Bonnie has the moonstone, work with her, try to figure out how to de-spell it,” he then suggested constructively.

“You get yourself trapped in the tomb and I get paired with a semi-competent witch, wonderful...” I complained mockingly.

Ignoring my gripe he requested earnestly “Keep Elena away from here.”

“Yeah, cos that’ll be easy.” I scorned with a frown, noting the seriousness of his request.

“Promise me, no matter what happens you’ll protect her.” He pleaded with an intense expression.

I thought over what he was implying: of the trust he was placing me with, knowing full well how I loved her. For a second I felt thankful that he was out of the way, that I was now free to pursue Elena without saintly Stefan around but that thought belonged in the mind of the former Damon. The Damon I was now had one priority and that was to protect Elena, regardless of Stefan’s pleas, nevertheless I replied him with pure seriousness “Promise.”

-comments very welcome-