Mountainstar nodded in agreement, leaf-bares had been especially harsh in the mountains where she came from. She recalled the first leaf-bare after her mother died, Tumbleweed had forced her to stay in the den almost the entire season where it was warm while he did his best to keep her entertained.

Mountainstar felt a sense of grief as she remembred both of her parents. She missed Tumbleweed dearly and ever since she learned the truth of StarClan she felt a sense of guilt, she had spent so long thinking her mother was insane. I'm sorry I didn't believe you...

"You okay?" Nettleheart's voice pulled her back from her thoughts.

"Yeah, sorry." Mountainstar shook her head, clearing away the guilty thoughts. "Just day dreaming." Nettleheart still looked concerned but she seemed to accept Mountainstar's answer for now.

"Well once we finish here let's head out." Both Nettleheart and Mountainstar finished their prey and discarded the remains. "Let's meet up with the others." Most of the other cats in the patrol with the exception of Poppysong who joined after talking to Fireclaw.

"Are we ready?" Nettleheart questioned and the rest of the cats nodded. Mountainstar followed alongside her Clanmates. Even though Mountainstar was the leader, Nettleheart was in charge of the patrol. She would never try and undermine her deputy, plus Nettleheart was a natural.

They ventured into the forest and Mountainstar breathed in the fresh-air. She loved her new territory, even if they had only lived here a few short moons it already felt like home to her. "Flintfoot and Poppysong, why don't you two go hunting towards the back of the territory where we came from. Gingersky and Sorrelfern, you two go hunting near the MoonClan border and Mountainstar and I will hunt near the LichenClan border."

Mountainstar noted with interest that Nettleheart kept Flintfoot away from the borders. After Timberstar let Mountainstar know that some of her warriors had been hunting over the LichenClan border, she had addressed her Clanmates and some of them came out including Flintfoot, Fireclaw, Antwhisker and Yewtail.

Mountainstar explained to them that they needed to respect borders more and that they were no longer living alone. She also explained that both LichenClan and MoonClan were allies, not enemies. Mountainstar knew that the Clans could fight, but she intended to keep the peace between her and the other Clans. The last thing she wanted was violence.

Once the group of cats split up, Mountainstar looked at Nettleheart. "Still keeping Flintfoot and the others away from the borders?"

Nettleheart nodded. "At least while hunting." She explained. "I told them they weren't in trouble but that they needed to respect the borders. I caught Antwhisker almost doing it again, I know it's hard for them but they've had time to learn. We can't allow them to get away with this much longer."

"I agree." Mountainstar nodded. "And if it happens again let me know and I will take action."

"Will do." Their conversation came to a close and the two of them ventured out into the forest nearing the LichenClan border. Mountainstar caught the scent of a squirrel and she veered away from Nettleheart as she began to track the prey. She lowered her body to the ground, and moved silently through the brush.

Eventually she spotted the small animal hiding seeds in the ground. Preparing your own stash for leaf-bare. Unfortunately, it won't matter. Mountainstar got into position and prepared to pounce. She crept forward slowly until she was close enough and pounced. Her claws connected with the squirrel and she killed it cleanly.

"Great catch." Nettleheart called, Mountainstar looked over her shoulder and purred at the praise.

"Thank you." Mountainstar waved her tail happily.