Reunion With Haldir:

Start from the beginning

I knew what happened. My blood froze, everything froze. My heart was stabbed by a shocking pain. I grabbed my chest and collapsed against the wall. I felt the life being pulled out of me. I gasped for air and felt myself being carried. 

I woke up to bright lights and soft voices. Rumil, my sister and her husband sat beside my bed. Tears poured down my cheeks and sobs wracked my body. Rumil held his head down and I knew he was crying. My sister, Oleniel, grabbed my hand, "I'm so sorry." Haeron guided Rumil out of the room. 

"He's never going to know he's a father." I cry.

Oleniel smiled, "You'll see him again, in the meantime, you need to focus on your baby. Haldir would want it." I nodded slowly. 

She was right. My husband wouldn't want me to fade in grief for him. I put my hand over my stomach. I had my little one and me to look out for now. 

My pregnancy hadn't been easy. My body was weak and movement left me short of breath due to my weakened heart. I moved in with my sister. Rumil and Orophin were constant sources of support. After nine months and 24 hours of hard labour, I gave birth to a tiny, beautiful, and strong little girl. I named her Ellawin, after my mother. 

~End flash back~

The golden light was drawing closer and closer. I could make out shimmering white buildings and green trees. I lifted Ellawin into my arms. "Ada?" She asked. I nodded eagerly. "He's waiting for us. And I know he loves you." I'd been sure to tell Ellawin much about her father. She knew he was a march warden and captain, she knew his name and how much she looked like him, Ellawin loved to hear stories about her father and all his adventures. She idolized him. 

The boat sailed into the harbour. I picked up Ellawin and walked quickly down the boardwalk. Elves everywhere were reuniting with their families. Many couples were kissing and embracing each other. Parents walked with their children between them and older elves who has lost mates held each other and cried. I held Ellawin's hand as we wove through the crowd. We made it to a small clearing in the crowd. 

"Where is Ada?" Ellawin begged. 

I smiled, "He'll be here soon. I know it." 

I heard a voice that made me burst into tears.

"Ally!!" The voice called. 

I turned to see a head of blonde hair weaving through the crowd. Haldir burst through and then stopped. We stared at each other. Haldir and I met in the middle. Our lips crashed together. He lifted me and twirled us around. I was now crying with joy. His eyes snapped with happiness. I stroked his hair, "My love." 

Haldir kissed my neck, "Yours." 

He set me down and we both looked over at Ellawin. 

He looked at me and then at her. 

I motioned for Ella to come over. She ran and ducked behind my legs. Haldir crouched down and smiled, "Ellawin?" 

Ellawin poked her head out. She shuffled out and stood beside me with a timid look.

Haldir smiled, "A lot is happening. I know, but I'm going to protect you." 

I watched as my daughter took one step forward. Then another. Haldir looked as if he wanted to hug her but was afraid he'd scare her. I nudged her forward."This is your ada."

 Haldir didn't stop smiling. 

Ellawin paused.

"Ada!" She ran and threw her arms around his neck. 

Haldir broke into tears as he rocked her. I sat on the ground with them as we held each other and wept.

 Ellawin looked at her father, "Don't cry, daddy. I love you." I dried my tears as Haldir scooped us both into his arms, "I'm so happy to have my girls back."