"good morning, students and faculty, welcome to a brand-new year at west valley high." the lady in the announcements spoke out, "i hope you all had a wonderful summer and are ready to dive back into the school year."

"hey, can i sit here?" a boy, jack o'malley, questioned. he was clutching his books and had an innocent look on his face.

gioia simply shook her head, recognising him from the dojo and moon's party. "definitely not."

his face fell. "right... okay." he stated before shuffling off to someone else.

"dude, you kissed sam?" gioia heard hawk ask. the two had been whispering to each other, and that was the only thing she caught.

"yeah."

"nice." the boy smirked.

gioia turned around, her left eyebrow raised in a threatening manner. "what's nice about that, idiot?" she slapped him on the side of his head.

"hey!"

"she's right, it's not nice. i shouldn't have done that to tory." miguel sighed.

"why limit yourself to one chick?" hawk inquired, slightly aiming his words at the blonde sat in front of him. "i'm planning on having a full rotation by the time we get to midterms."

"what?"

"oh yeah?" she challenged him, leaning onto their desk.

"yeah."

"if you actually focused on studying and the midterms, your bio grades wouldn't be slipping." gioia advised.

miguel laughed while hawk rolled his eyes at her exaggeration. "my grades arent slipping, it's the first day."

"they were slipping." gioia rephrased. "last year, they were barely touching a c."

"shut it."

with a proud smile on her face, gioia glanced around the classroom, catching the eye of the boy she just rejected. she didn't know him by name, but she knew they did karate together. he had been staring intently, so she gave him an taunting smile.

"hey, man." a boy trailed over to them, his books clutched in his hands. "just wanted to say, i wet the bed till i was 13... there's nothing to be ashamed of."

gioia put her head in her hands as she chuckled in secondhand embarrassment, miguel looked baffled, while hawk didn't have the patience for this.

he smacked the books out of the boy's hands, "get the hell out of my face!"

"what's that guy's problem?" miguel asked as they watched him scramble away.

"i don't know." hawk scoffed.

"i do." gioia taunted.

"you can also purchase tickets for the fall musical, which will be a production of the global hit grease."

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"and finally as we embark upon another academic year, it's important to remember to be tolerant and accepting of all of our peers, regardless of-"

the door of the announcement room opened loudly and the microphone's feedback was heard.

"hey, you're not supposed to be in here."

"i don't care, move!"

"give that back! ow!"

gioia looked up from her work and turned around to share a look of confusion with her classmates.

"you're not allowed to-"

"samantha larusso." tory announced. "i know what you did and now you're gonna pay for it. i'm coming for you, bitch!"

gioia's jaw physically dropped. this was not what she meant about confronting the situation. it seemed like gioia's change in attitude was a bad influence on her friends.

the school bell rang and everyone got up, eager to see what was about to go down. miguel raced out of the class and to the main corridor, while hawk and gioia lightly jogged behind the crowd.

when they arrived, they pushed in front of the crowd to see everyone was gathered around sam and tory. the two girls were circling around each other, staring menacingly.

"i saw what you did at the party." tory admitted. "you kissed miguel."

"ooh!"

"i... i..." sam stuttered, tory didn't wait for her to finish her sentence as she swung her fist to her face. sam managed to dodge it and a few of the other punches.

as the brunette attempted to get away, tory seized her bag and drew her back. she then tossed the backpack aside and kicked sam in the stomach.

she stumbled back, into hawk, gioia and their other friends. gioia reached to pull the girl back and away from the fight.

"get back in there!"

however, the boys pushed sam forward as if they were eager for her to get harmed. gioia's face fell, the violence hadn't even begun and it was already becoming too much for her. this 'mean girl act' hadn't gone very far for her.

tory ruthlessly punched and kicked at the girl, and all sam could do was obstruct and dodge them. she simply took the hits even the hard ones, even when tory threw her into the lockers.

"yeah, get her!"

robby had run over and decided to step in, dragging tory away from the larusso girl. "you okay?"

sam didn't have enough time to answer as tory attempted to move robby out of her way. but the boy pivoted around and pushed her against the locker. finally, miguel arrived at the scene. gioia sighed in relief when he came.

"gosh, was he taking a lap around the school something?" she asked no one in particular.

"stop! let her go!"

"hey!" miguel shouted.

"settle down! i'm sure we can figure this out-" robby was cut off by miguel tacking him into the ground.

"hey, man, we gotta do something." chris told demetri.

"good idea." he nodded. "i'm gonna get a teacher." he then ran off into the opposite direction.

as tory continued to fight sam and miguel took down robby, gioia watched in confusion. she knew she had to help sometime soon. as miguel repeatedly threw punches at robby, gioia pulled him back.

"what are you doing?!" miguel questioned.

"what are you doing?" gioia asked. "why are you fighting him?"

"he hit tory." miguel stated, nudging her away.

"are you serious?!"

⎯ ❃ neens speaks!

HEY HEY IM TRYING TO UPDATE AS FREQUENT AS POSSIBLE BECAUSE SCHOOL STARTS ABD SEASON 5 IS SOON!!