✮.*・。゚TOXIC ✮.*・。゚

hey, emily here! i just wanna give a quick note that this chapter will include mae being in a toxic relationship ( not with tommy dw ) . not sure if this needs a tw but i'll give one anyway! hope u enjoy!

✮.*・。゚✮.*・。゚✮.*・。゚✮.*・。゚✮.*・。゚✮.*・。゚

tommy's pov

i'm worried about mae. it's been about a month since she met charlie and they recently got into a relationship. obviously it crushed my heart to find out they were dating, but the worst part is that he treats mae like absolute shit.

me and mae are okay now, i've warned her about charlie but she doesn't listen. last night they were fighting pretty badly in the living room, i heard it all while i was sitting in my bedroom. well, it wasn't really fighting, more just charlie shouting at mae and making her cry. i decided to try and talk to her about it again.

i walked over to her bedroom door and knocked on it. i entered when mae told me to come inside.

" hey, can i talk to you?" i asked, entering the room and closing the door behind me.
" yea sure, come sit." mae responded, sitting cross legged on her bed. i sat down cross legged facing her.
" last night i uh- i heard you and charlie fighting. i wasn't evesdropping, i promise! but , i don't think charlie's a good guy. he was really shouting at you, no guy should ever treat you like that." i told her. i watched her smile fade as i spoke. she stood up quickly, getting defensive.

" tom, it's not like that. charlie is a great guy, you just don't see him like i do. he would never do anything to hurt me, ever. you're wrong!" her eyes became glassy as she raised her voice slightly.
" mae please just list-" i tried to tell her.
" no tom! " she paused and wiped her face with her sleeve. " i'm fine. he's going to be here in a bit so you can you please just leave."

i opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out. i just nodded my head slightly, an angry look on my face. i was frustrated that she wouldn't listen to me. i left her room.

✮.*・。゚✮.*・。゚✮.*・。゚✮.*・。゚✮.*・。゚✮.*・。゚

mae's pov

i walked back into the apartment with charlie, we had just gone on a date. it was quite late , so i expected tommy was asleep.

" just be quiet, i think tommy is sleeping." i whispered to him.
" okay, can we talk about tom?" charlie asked. i furrowed my eyebrows confused. charlie sat me down on the sofa, sitting down next to me so that we were facing each other. he held one of my hands.
" what about him..?" i questioned.
" i don't think you should be friends or roommates with him anymore. he's just tryna get in your pants mae. he likes you and he's jealous of me, and i don't trust you here in the same apartment as him." he told me. what the fuck. i pulled my hand away from his, standing up and walking backwards slightly.

" what the fuck? i'm not going to cut off my best friend just because you don't trust me! a relationship is built on trust charlie!" i raised my voice. charlie got up and began to walk forward , following me as i walked backwards.
" well, you don't exactly give me a reason to trust me do you?" he said. his phone began to ring on the coffee table, i walked over to it before he could.

" baby? " i read out the contact name in shock.
" it's not what it looks like-" charlie hastily said.
" get the fuck out!" i shouted.
" no. you're my girlfriend i can do whatever the hell i want to do with you! you're mine."

i backed away further and he continued to follow me. my back hit a wall. charlie grabbed my wrists, stopping me from moving.

he raised back his hand to hit me.

i winced and closed my eyes, bracing for the hit. but it never came. i slowly opened my eyes to see charlie on the ground with a bloody nose. tommy stood towering over him, holding his fist that was now red from punching charlie.

" get the fuck out." tommy sternly said.
" no! she's my girlfriend. you just want to fuck her." charlie spit, standing up. i grabbed my phone out of my pocket, dialling 999.

i flipped around my phone screen to show charlie and a look of horror painted on his face. i put the phone up to my ear. before i could speak, charlie had ran out of the apartment, slamming the door behind him.

i quickly hung up on 999 and sent charlie a text breaking up with him, before blocking him on all my apps. i let out a sigh of relief, before i felt a pair of arms around me.

" are you okay?" tommy asked, and just those words were enough to send me spiralling into tears.
i hugged tommy back, taking deep shaky breaths.
" i'm okay.." i hiccuped out.
" do you want to talk about it? or do you not want to? " he asked me softly.
" can we talk about it in the morning please?" i responsed.
" of course, want me to take you into your bedroom?" fuck, this boy is so nice.

" yes please."

✮.*・。゚✮.*・。゚✮.*・。゚✮.*・。゚✮.*・。゚✮.*・。゚

i lay in my bed, watching tommy turn off all the lights in my room except for some fairy lights.
" well, goodnight." he said, walking towards the door.
" wait- please.. can you stay? i don't wanna be alone." i asked him.
" of course." he crawled into bed next to me.

✮.*・。゚✮.*・。゚✮.*・。゚✮.*・。゚✮.*・。゚✮.*・。゚

emily's corner

yipee chapter!!!
it's very very short, but i wanted to put out a chapter today and only had time to write a small one. also, it's easier for me to write a smaller chapter today because i've got loads of other ideas for the next chapters!!!

opinions on this chapter??

okay bye love u!!