To Protect The Ones We Love

Division 4

"You are that human that the new Captain of Division 4 saved", Kira said while lying down on the bed. "She's just a temporary one. I pity this division if they would really have her as their Captain", Sumire sighed while healing Rangiku on the other bed. "Aren't you scared? You're a human and soul society is in rubbles", the blonde stared at the ceiling. "You have a dreadful hole in your chest", Sumire commented avoiding giving an answer. It is inevitable for one to have uncertainties after the leader of the entire society was taken down by the enemy. Looking at the injuries of the shinigami doesn't help in calming herself either. She only has one thing that calmed her mind and that is her confidence in those who are fighting on the frontlines. "If not because of Nozomi-san, I wouldn't have been saved", Kira explained. "By the way, where is she? I cannot sense her presence here", Rangiku joined the conversation. "Since when could that idiot stay in one place?", the raven head clicked her tongue.

Sumire walked across the rooms and saw Isane with a long face. Unohana hasn't returned yet. "I wouldn't mind beating that idiot to death once we see her. She was just promoted with a rank and she's goofing around", Sumire showed her balled fist. Isane was startled to see a familiar face. "Yoru-san, why are you here? Don't tell me you died at such an unfortunate time", Isane gasped. The raven head shook her head."I was given a choice by Urahara-san to stay put in the human world and suck it all up until this war is over or to dive into the uncertainty of this war that would cause the destruction of the three worlds", Sumire answered. She stared at Isane's worried face and gave a pat on the tall girl's shoulder. "Until Captain Unohana comes back, let's do our best to help these shinigami go back to the battlefield. I don't know if that's being sadistic or what, they already lost the battle once, and who knows if they will once more", Sumire led the way towards the other ward. "But I haven't seen anyone losing hope", the raven head added.

Hirako and Momo happened to stroll into division 4 and see if there was something they can do to check on their squad members. The Captain watches Sumire checking on the shinigami. "I can never get enough of this scene", the blonde sighed and have a small smile. "It's the human. Why is she here again? It's dangerous for her", Momo was about to warn the raven head but Hirako blocked the way. "Those shinigami should rejoice, for even once in their life, a noble is serving them", Hirako proceeded to walk to the ward where his men are held. "What do you mean? Is she a noble in the human world?", the vice-captain tilted her head. "She's a reincarnation of one of the noble houses of Soul Society. Not just one of the noble house but that of the Five noble houses", the blonde had a short laugh. "That's amazing. I was trying to hold back but she gives some of Captain Kuchiki's presence", Momo said and suddenly realized what she said.

"Right on track, Momo. She looked exactly like the former head of the clan. She's clothed with dignity and honor. I was still younger back then and I would shrink in her presence", Hirako recalled. "She must be very strong", Momo clasped her hands together. "She was indeed strong. That strength caused the death of thousands of shinigami and the guards of central 46", the blonde found himself being talkative. Momo stopped walking. "Someone has to stop her. She was manipulated by an enemy and the Captain Commander received a direct order to execute her without having to wait for a month", the blonde continued walking. Momo slowly followed his captain. "Did the Captain Commander pass the judgment?", Momo was surprised that she hadn't heard of the story. It was something that the elders and the captains buried. "No. That's why someone has to do it. Even if she followed an order, she was sentenced to 250 years in Muken. She resigned to her punishment without having to defend herself", Hirako ended the story.

Shinou Academy

"Shiro-chan. You're here for some sword-swinging training. I'll be an entertaining neighbor practice partner so let's have fun", Nozomi waved at her fellow white head Captain. "You should be looking after your division members. We don't know when will be the next attack", Toshirou lectured. "I said I will be in the frontline as well. Plus, I can't bare the sight of that human flexing her skills on me. What a show off", Nozomi pouted. "I asked my vice-captain and it seems that you existed far before us. What have you been doing all these years? Tragedies happened here and there. If you are that strong enough to be a Captain, how come I never saw you fight for Soul Society?", Toshiro started swinging the sword. Nozomi heard other shinigami giving comments on the young prodigy.