T W E N T Y - N I N E

"What do you want?" She asked in a whisper

"What do you want?" She asked in a whisper. "Wanda...". "If you want to kill me that's fine. I won't fight you". "Wanda, I'm not gonna kill you". She promised. "You should. I hurt your family". "Yeah, you did... But that's not worth losing your life for". "Isn't it? Really? I traumatized your children". "I guess you're not wrong there. But you made mistakes and deserve a second chance". "Why do you care so much?".

"Because I love you". Wanda sadly chuckled, refusing to look up from the floor. "You don't love me. Not this version of me anyways". "You're wrong". "How?". "I love every version of you". "You can't love a monster". "Wanda, you're not a monster". "Tell that to your traumatize children". "Wanda look at me". She denied. "Wanda". "I don't deserve it". "You don't deserve to look at me?" Wanda shook her head. "For god's sake Wanda, look at me... Maxie, please".

Wanda's eyes stuck on the floor, afraid to look up at the girl in front. It couldn't be possible that she had the same nickname in every universe, right? It just couldn't be possible. Or maybe it was? Well, it shouldn't be possible. The events of this universe are not even similar to what she lived. "Maxie... I'm waiting...". Wanda slowly looked at her, unsure of who she was talking to.

"You went down the wrong way, nobody denies that. But that doesn't mean that just because you made a mistake you can't have a second chance. You deserve one. Actually, you deserve so much more than that". Wanda was at a loss for words. She couldn't find anything to say at all.

"So who the fuck made you believe that you didn't deserve to look at someone you love?" She asked seriously. "Because I'm about to beat the fucking life out of them, right now. Who was it?". "ангел?" She asked in a whisper. "Hi" She bit her lip softly as Wanda cupped her face so gently, that she almost didn't feel it.

"Is it really you?" Her voice was so soft Lexi almost couldn't hear it. Her eyes were wide open and Lexi never thought that green could shine so pretty. Her eyes were full of tears and some of them were running down her cheeks like they had a competition against them. "As much as I know" She chuckled passing her thumbs on Wanda's cheeks to clean the tears, even tho it was useless since they kept coming.

"But, but you're dead". "That... That is a very long story that I'll tell you some other time". "Are you really alive?". "As much as I can be I guess". Wanda's eyes filled with tears until her vision was clouded by the water. She was suddenly transported back to the fight in the forest of Wakanda, where she held the love of her life in her arms as her life slipped away from her. And she remembered feeling empty, an ocean of nothingness.

All of the hours she spend crying herself to sleep, begging however listened to her to take her life away, to let her rest. She had begged and prayed to feel something. Anything. And now here she was, feeling everything at the same time. She launched her arms around Lexi's neck and pushed her body to be as close as possible she could to her. "Wait, Maxie-" Her scream held Wanda from pushing further.

She quickly retracted back as Lexi's body fell back and Wanda noticed the piece of wood that was stuck on Lexi's abdomen. Her mouth opened wide and she quickly moved Lexi's jacket out of the way. "How did you...? Did I... Did I do this?". "No" Lexi quickly denied it. "Lexi, I did this". Lexi tried to deny it, but she knew there was no point in it. "Why haven't you taken it off?". "I would bleed out?" She joked.

"Alexandra" She warned as she looked at her not very nice. "Why haven't you cured yourself?". "I can't". "Why?". "I don't have the power to stop the bleeding". "Why? Are your powers still unreliable?". "I don't have my powers. It's a very long story I told you". "Tell me later?". Lexi nodded.

Wanda offered her hand to Lexi, who took it without a doubt. Wanda counted to three and took the piece of wood. Lexi squeezed her hand extremely hard, but Wanda put the pain in the back of her mind as she moved her fingers on top of the wound and closed it. "Better?". "So much". She used her intertwined hand with Wanda's to pull her on top of her. Since Wanda wasn't prepared to be pulled forwards, her hand fell to the floor to hold her body from falling on top of Lexi's.

Lexi slipped her hand on Wanda's cheek, letting three of her fingers rely on Wanda's neck. The force of the pull allowed Lexi to press their lips together. Wanda moaned in the kiss as she was taken by surprise, and Lexi smiled against her lips. Their lips moved in synch that haven't been experienced in so long. And they were loving every second of it.

Lexi freed her hand from Wanda's and brought it to her face to stop her from leaving the kiss. And Wanda allowed the kiss to continue for a few more seconds before she reluctantly pulled away. Lexi tried to pull her into another kiss but Wanda only let her take a peak before she moved away from Lexi.

She sat on her feet since she was still kneeling and since Lexi had both of her hands on Wanda's cheeks, she pulled the brunette with her. "God, I've missed you" She whispered lovely. Wanda hugged her waist and peaked her lips. "I miss you so much more". "You guys might want to keep it PG" Brunette Wanda mentioned holding a cup of coffee.

Lexi turned around to look for the twins but they were nowhere to be seen. "You didn't think I'd let them stay for that". She made a circle with her hand as she referred to them. "did you?". "Where's America?". "They decided that she was gonna look for Strange to bring him back to your universe. Then come back for you later".

"They?" She asked confused. "Zombie Strange" Wanda clarified. "But he was in another universe". "He was dream walking" Redheaded Wanda clarified. Lexi turned to look at her girlfriend and smiled. "What a hypocrite". She mentioned before she pressed their lips together one more time.

"You might want to hide for a second" Wanda mentioned, making them break apart. "Why?" Lexi asked confused but was quickly answered by the front door opening and slamming into the wall. Natasha Romanoff walked in her glorified and alive form, with worry on her face. "Wanda? Are you okay?".

Are you guys ready for the final chapter of the book?