2 ~ A Wild Leona Appears

Leona leaned against the doorframe, his chin tilted slightly upwards as he surveyed the scene before him.

"Wanna tell me what you two're doing here?"

Trein cleared his throat and stood. "Did you need something, Kingscholar?"

He nodded, arms crossed. "We were all s'posed to work on an important project together, but..." Leona gestures toward them. "Seems like that won't be happening anytime soon. Shame, it was a summons from the Headmage too."

"The Headmage?" Trein asked sharply before clearing his throat. "I haven't heard anything about that."

Leona let out a low chuckle. "You know how Crowley is. Constantly dumping his menial tasks on students. But, maybe it's good that we won't be able to help him out. Make him do some of his own work for once."

"This guy's the only guy that can get away with talking smack like that in front of a teacher," Ruggie murmured, a little spitefully. Yuu nodded. "Must be nice to be him."

Trein paused for a second, pursing his lips together. "I suppose I can't hold students summoned by the Headmage. I expect you two to pay attention in class from now on. If you disrupt my class again, I'll give you a worse punishment."

"Thank you, sir! Have a nice day!" Yuu said, trying to keep her tone as neutral as possible as she grabbed her belongings and headed towards the door to where Leona was. Ruggie imitated her manners and dashed for the door as well, waving one last time to the professor for good measure.

Once the door closed completely, Ruggie and Yuu double high-fived. They then turned to Leona, who was staring at them with a distasteful look on his face.

Yuu grinned at him. "You want a high-five, too?" She held up her hands for a few seconds before Leona groaned, rolled his eyes, and held up his. Ruggie and Yuu both gasped, not expecting him to actually respond, but Yuu took the opportunity to high-five him before he changed his mind.

"So, wanna tell me why you two idiots were stuck after class?" Leona grumbled. "And why'd I have to waste my time and energy getting you out?" The two exchanged looks, silently debating on who would explain.

Yuu took a deep breath. "Ruggie wouldn't shut up. Plus, you didn't have to do anything."

"That is not what happened! You're the one who wouldn't shut up!" Ruggie punched her upper arm lightly.

She let out a laugh. "Dude, chill! I was just joking. We both equally wouldn't shut up." Ruggie nodded, agreeing with this interpretation of events.

Leona opened his mouth wide, letting out an obnoxious yawn. "Well, that was a waste of my time. I'm gonna go take a nap." He turned and started walking in the direction of the greenhouse, but Yuu grabbed his sleeve.

He raised an eyebrow at her. The corner of her mouth turned upwards as she asked, "One round of chess?"