chapter 5

hey guys im so sorry that I haven't updated in a while, I have had the flue and have lived nothing but ibuprofen and Excedrin. But I am back.

        Disclaimer: I own nothing. So sad

           I wake to the sound of horses hooves on a cobble stone road and people shouting and talking to one another. I try to turn over in my bed to groan into my pillow, but I end up falling on the floor. thud. I take my pillow with me, but instead of getting up off the floor, I just lay on the cold, hard, floor.

"Rise and shine Roul." announced my mother as she entered my room with the small maid, Kathryn. Mother looked to my bed and got a confused look on her face when she realized that I was not im my bed. I groaned as Kathryn opened the curtains and bright light shined into my bedroom. As I picked myself off the floor, my mother made a very disapproving noise and I quickly realized why. I looked down and realized that I was still in my clothes from the gala last night. My shirt was untucked, my clothes were mishelved and wrinkled. I strided across my room and stumbling when I trip over my comforter which is lying on the floor.

" oh Roul." groaned mother and out of the corner of my eye I see Kathryn stiffed a giggle. Suddenly the events of last night come back to me. Shouting at Christine's door. Hearing a strange voice from inside her room.

" Misoure le Vecomt." Says Kathryn, holding a small envelope in her hands. She has a scared look on her face and I find out why. The envelope has the sealing of a skull in red almost like blood." I was told to deliver this to you." she says shakily handing me the envelope.

 Dear Misoure le Vecomt,

     Do not fear for miss Daae, the Angle of Music has her under his wing.

             Make no attempt to see her again.

There was no signature at the bottom. I am sure that the owners have sent me this. I ran into the bathroom and combed my hair down. I changed my jacket and tucked in my shirt.

" Mother. Ill be back soon." I called as I ran out to the stables, and shouted for Jacob to ready my carriage. There was no way that those owners, were going to keep me and my Christine apart.