Chapter 29: True Love Has its ways

Start from the beginning

"You don't need to say it back, Nicki. I know I have hurt you so much and I'm willing to gain that love back. I promised!" he uttered earnestly with a firm and determined voice.

"Let me think about it. For now, go back to your office and work there, not here," I stated flatly. "Where's my dad?" I remembered my father. Why is he not watching me? Did Alex use his money again to control over him? Oh, I hate his guts.

"He's in the other room. He is still weak after that heart attack. His body is still recovering," he explained shortly as he weighs my reaction.

My mouth involuntarily opened wide with shock, then gradually worries etch in my face. "What? Why? When?" I asked successively, my eyes probably is as big as the saucer in confusion, fear and surprised.

"He had a heart attacked after he found out you had an accident and rushed here in the hospital, unconsciously!" he explained, dragging the words as he trained his eyes on me.

I felt a tad of remorse after hearing the reason. It's my fault. I felt my tears prickled around my eyelid. I let it fall and soon I was sobbing.

"I'm sorry, dad! It was my fault. I should have thought about him. I was too selfish." I mumbled unconsciously, thinking about him.

I felt Alex's hand, rubbing my hand gently. Then, he pulled me and hugs me. I felt his lips kissing the top of my head. It feels relaxing. I felt secured and comfortable in his arms. Alex never saw me crying before. And for some reasons, I can't stop it. I know I was too melodramatic and sensitive. I used to control my emotions before, even if I'm already battered and hurt very much, but today, it seems that I can't. I felt totally different. Is it the accident? I don't know but for sure I'm not liking it very much.

*****

ALEX POV

She looks so impassive. I haven't started yet but she's closing me already. I'm beginning to lose hope again.

NO! I can't just give up. She will have to marry me eventually because I'm the father of the child she's bearing right now. I won't let her cast me out of her life, again. Not now that I'm going to be a father.

With my head reeling on her response to my confession I nearly forgot to call the doctor.

I excused myself and walk to the phone that was mounted on the wall for emergency purposes. I dialed the designated number that will direct through Dr. Peterson's office.

"My wife is up," I informed. I like the sounds of the wife, rolling out of my tongue. I suddenly snap my head in her direction when I realized I said, wife. She is just staring at the wall blankly.

"I'll be there in a minute."

Soon enough, the doctor walks in. He was smiling broadly and a short slim nurse was trailing behind him with a chart.

"So the sleeping beauty finally decided to wake up?" he chuckled as he approached Nicki and stood on the other side of her bed where the heart rate monitor machine was.

Nicki smiled sweetly. He asked her a lot of questions regarding how she felt. He was very sweet to her and I don't like it. I'm beginning to hate the doctor, although I thank him for being too attentive to her during those times, but the jealousy rising kept nagging me.

"Do you feel any a headache or nauseous?" The doctor asked as he holds her hand.

Crap! And he sure knows how to make an unnoticeable move. "Take your filthy hands out of her you bastard!" my head screamed in disapproval. I was looking at him icily. I wanted to yank his hand out of her hand, but of course, I don't want to give Nicki another reason to hate me.