Chapter 6: Sleepover

BRUCE'S POV:

I was alone in a basement...it was cold, I was all dirty. I've been in this sh*t hole for almost 2 days. I miss my friends I miss everyone. That's when I hear the grabbers footsteps, opening the door as I flinch, sitting up on the flat bed. "I'm here with food" he says. "You didn't feed me this morning" I say upset. "I had things to do..I was at work. I actually have a life" he says. We stay in silence.

"What's your name?" He asks me. "Uhm...Thomas" I say. "I was really starting to like you" he says throwing a news paper at me. I open the news paper fast, seeing my missing picture..saying my real name.

"Why'd you lie BRUCE" he says yelling the Bruce part. He throws my food on the ground because I lied, he sprite bottle didn't break thank goodness, I'm really thirsty, I even was thinking on drinking toilet water. I shook my head. "Can you please tell me where my sister is?!" I shout. "I killed her! That's the answer! I killed every single kid I kidnapped..and it was for a reason. They all did something to tic me off" he says.

My eyes quickly became watery. "You what?!" I yell..I wanted to kill this man. "You heard me, I killed your little sister, now deal with it! Don't worry you're staying here for a long time. Dont make me kill you kid" He yells. He leaves the room, as I throw myself to my knees crying. My little sister is gone..gone forever.

I soon started to eat the food that was still on the plate, still crying.

I then looked up and notice he left the door a bit wide open. I stopped eating as my face goes soft.

I quickly get up, slowly opening the door. The top door was fully open..I slowly go up the stairs..then stopping myself at the last step. I think he's setting me up. "I'm not gonna die today, not today" I whisper to myself. I slowly go back down the stairs, back into the basement. This either could've been my chance to escape or my chance to die. I'm not dying, I'm going to stay alive for Demi.

JAYDE'S POV, 7:30 PM:

As I sat at the dinner table with my parents, sister and friends..since they're sleeping over, the room was just in silence. "I can't believe Bruce went missing. He's such a smart kid. And his sister too? That's definitely
Devastating for his parents, I was talking to his dad almost all day today" my dad says breaking the silence, taking a bite of the steak my mom cooked. I sat next to Robin and Finney.

"Yeah..I hope they find him really soon" gwen speaks. "I'm surprised your dad let you sleep over" my mom says referring to Gwen and Finney. "Yeah same here, it took a lot of convincing so" Finn says, taking a sip of his water.

"Speaking off..thanks for letting them stay over mom. I know it's a school night but we've decided to take a break tomorrow and cherish each other in memory of Demi and Bruce" I say, trying to make them fall for this sob story. No way Bruce is dead, Demi probably isn't either, Bruce would never let that happen.

"Yeah of course. Take as much time as you need" my mom says. I nod smiling.

"Hey..Finn you stay play baseball right?" My dad asks him. "Yes sir"

"I'm looking forward to going to your upcoming game" he says. "Oh thanks" he says with a smile. "You're really good at BaseBall Finney" I say, eating my food.

"Im not even that good at Baseball Jayde" he chuckles. "Sure you are" I say.

HOURS LATER, 11:06 pm:

We where all trying to stay up by eating snacks and drinking energy drinks. Gwen was sleeping with me on my bed tonight, and the boys where going to sleep on two separate mattresses on the floor.