Final Decision (B.T.Y.)

Start from the beginning

Last but not least, he also had his little speech for Britta. "Britta, you are more than just my press officer. You are like a sister to me. I trust you to know everything about me, even about my personal life. You welcomed me very well when I started to become the driver for Red Bull in 2009. Since then, you are stick to me. I'm sorry for being so annoying. Sorry that I keep making you run with me every time I'm late. Sorry that I have to make you deal with the media for all things that happened to me, including this one for sure. You are an amazing woman. I'm so grateful to have met you. Thank you for all amazing moments we've shared together." Britta was so touched by his words that she couldn't hold her tears.

"The reason why I asked Britta to arrange our flight schedule to Hungary tomorrow morning is because today, some people from Orel Media are going to come here," he mentioned the agency which always helped him to create videos that were uploaded on his website. "I've decided to create my own Instagram account and I'll post videos of me announcing my retirement, one in English and another one in German. They haven't known it. I just called them to come-"

Gia couldn't hold her emotional feeling anymore, so she decided to leave the room, to calm herself down. "Britta, can I leave Ludwig with you for a moment?"

She nodded. "Sure."

She gave Ludwig to her before leaving without saying anything to Seb. He understood her sudden outburst and he would speak to her later. "Yeah, as I said, they haven't known the reason why I called them to come here. I'm going to tell them as soon as they arrive. And maybe you are surprised when I said that I'm gonna have my own Instagram account because all this time I was always against it. I realize that, when I'm not in F1 and Aston Martin anymore, I should have my own platform to share my future activities and projects. I understand that most of my fans are on social media, so I think that they can still follow my next journey. But still, I won't share my personal life there,"

"When I'm free, I'm going to call my family with Zoom. They surely deserve to know it today. I'll explain them the same way I explained to you all. And tomorrow, when we have arrived at the circuit, I want to gather all the crews and tell them about my plan. I don't want them to know about my retirement through the media. I have to tell them myself. Well, I think Gia is quite upset. I need to see her. We will speak again later."

He quickly stood from his chair. He gave Ludwig a gentle kiss on his head before walking to his bedroom. When he entered the room, he found her sitting on the edge of the bed and sobbing. "Oh, Gia..."

He ran a little before sitting next to her and started hugging his gorgeous wife. She held him so tight, crying right on his chest. He kissed her head before resting his chin there and said, "I'm sorry, Gia. It's not that I don't want to listen to your suggestion to continue. But I don't want any more time away from you and Ludwig. I want to see him growing. I want to be here whenever you both need me."

She pulled away from him as she needed to clarify something. But before she spoke, he gently erased her tears. "Seb, you don't need to apologize. As I said, in the end, the decision is on you. I just shared my opinion and you don't have to agree with me. I can't decide it for you, but you have to decide it for yourself. I just... I don't know how to say it. I just can't believe that it is finally happening. You are going to leave the sport you really love."

He cupped her face and rubbed gently with his thumbs. "Listen to me. I will always love Formula 1. I've been there for 15 years and I think that's more than enough for me. Now it's time for me to reflect on what I should do next. I'm probably walking into the unknown. I'm excited but slightly nervous on what's waiting for me on the next corner. But knowing that you always stand by me, it's more than a relief. I know that I won't get lost if you are always with me. So, do you really accept my decision?"