Hidden Alliance

Okay okay okayyyy lets get it, you guys liked the last one- Unorthodox Introduction, which i highly recommend you read first, and this is after that chain of events. THIS CHAPTER WILL BE SHORT WARNING. but this also means that tomorrow there will be a regular sized chapter after these events. enjoy my mini master piece <3

3rd Person POV:

"Whew! That should do it for tonight, atleast to keep it stable until the morning. There most likely will be more eruptions later on, but hopefully not any time soon, Everyone should go get some sleep after today," Hiccup said, buckets that once held gronkle iron empty. They had spent the past 4-5 hours trying to stabalize the volcano. It was now the dead of night, and Freya was exhausted and had a head full of suffocating thoughts and questions she desperately wanted the answers to. The riders began to fly off to their respective huts, eager to get the small amount of sleep they could. Freya, however, knew she wouldnt sleep with all of her nagging questions bouncing around her head. Hiccup flew down to his hut after clearing with Freya where she would be staying, ready to spend the night thinking himself over his quarrel with Astrid and the end of the war.

"You coming with?" Snotlout asked, ready to get his 'beauty sleep'. Freya looked between his hut and the forest, longing for a quiet place to think, free of Snotlouts snoring.

"Yeah, im just going to do one more check around the island, ill see you back at your hut, that is if your still awake," Freya said, smiling with her last sentiment. Snotlout gave a tired smile, before steering Hookfang back down to his hut. Venomous glided down to the forest, searching for an edge for her rider to sit at and think the night away. As they landed, Freya patted Venomous on the head, thankful to have her completely unscathed during the battle. She stood at the edge, her hair whipping around her as she gazed out towards the horizon. She wished Viggo had lived, maybe she could have changed his mind and he wouldn't have died. Maybe she could have saved him just in time and he could have redeemed himself. She shook her head with a laugh.

"I'm starting to think like my brother, arent I?" She said aloud, Venomous perking her ears up as she curled her tail around her rider. Freya burried her head in her hands, running her fingers through her bangs, slicked with her sweat, collected through her hurry around the lava covered island.

"She may be an ignorant asshole, but Astrid has a point. He was the enemy, he got what he deserved," She vented to her companion. She had found Venomous by a miracle a couple years before, much to Hiccup and the gangs surprise after she left Berk for her exploration expidition, and they were closer than ever. Freya was a loner, and being around Venomous made her feel less alone, like she would always have someone to fight for her.

"But why do I wish he hadn't? Why do I care so much?" Freya said to her Dragon-Therapist. Venomous warbled sadly, nudging her head under her riders palm. She knew how strong willed and collected she was in front of others, but when she was alone with Freya, she would find her breaking down her thoughts in hopes of finding her answers. They were comfortable with eachother and only eachother, and thats the way it would always be. Freya lifted her head from her hands, wind whipping through her bangs and cooling her skin as she traced her dragons scales absent-mindedly.

She knew she didnt like death, not one bit, but to mourn this much over it was a development, if anything. She's witnessed men scream and loose limbs by the scorching acid of a Changewing, disappear with a pained scream in a Whispering Death hole while she was scouting out a Dragon Hunter base, yet Viggo Grimborn; the most deserving of death, struck her heart the most. She couldnt conclude why, and thought that just maybe she connected with him in some way. She didn't want to think she connected with the enemy, related to or cared for someone who was responsible for so much death, injury, and despair, yet she could only imagine it was the truth. Freya sighed at the circumstances, wishing she could go back to when life was easy, whenever that was.

"We should go back," Freya said, Venomous warbled, lowering her head expecting her rider to jump on the saddle. She looked down at her dragons black pupils, still wishing for more time to think.

"Lets walk, shall we?" She finally said, patting Venomous on the head as they began strolling down the man-made path down to the edge. As the breeze began to chill her, she rubbed her arms, savoring the little warmth the action provided. Her gaze followed the ground, trying to finish her thought process before she layed down for bed. Venomous' ears perked up, both stopping in their tracks as they both heard twigs snapping in the distance. The two got into battle stance, Freya keeping her hand on her swords handle on her upper arm. Her sword ejected two blades on either side of the handle on command, sharpened to perfection and held, blades held inside the handle, on her left, uppper-arm. It was a strange set up, but one that suited Freya nicely. Venomous began to growl as the noise-maker in question was spotted, limping slightly in the distance.

She squinted, making out the blistered face of an enemy she thought was gone with the magma of the earth. Freya gasped, alerting the man in question of they presence and he slowly turned towards the resident who had caught him making his leave. Her eyes were trained on the side of his face, completely red and wrinkled with and incredibly painful burn. She could only assume there were more injuries, covered by his expensive armor and the darkness of the night. He was slightly relieved by her being the one who had found him over any of the others. They gazed at eachother for too long, and Freya found herself more than relieved he was alive, even though that meant the war may still go on. Freya patted Venomous' head, signalling to stay down and stop growling. She looked up at her questioningly, the survivor just as confused. She sincerely hoped she wasnt dreaming as she stared into the very alive eyes of Viggo Grimborn. She shut her jaw abruptly, turning to her dragons saddle bag, both Viggo and the dragon staring at her in wonder. She kept basic healing necessities in case of dire situations, very useful for things such as cuts, burns, and any typical injury as a Dragon Rider. She pulled out a roll of bandages and a small bottle of medicine to apply to burns. Luckily for him, she had just refilled her stock.

She walked over to the man in question, Viggo speachless as she took his hand and placed the much needed healing items into his hand. They stared at each other, memorizing each other's dark eyes, Freya still holding onto his hand which held the heals that would tie him over for the time being. She began to pull away, moving to go back to her dragon before Viggo grabbed her hand, delicately as ever.

"Why.. would you-?" Viggo began, unable to finish his question as he fell back into gazing at her. Freya bit the inside of her lip, unable to give him an answer since she didnt fully know herself.

"You dont deserve to die, and that is exactly what will happen if I turn you in to my father," She said as the cold that once felt so invasive was combatted by Viggos radiating warmth, most likely because of where he had been. Viggo bit his tongue, calmed and perplexed by someone caring for him as much as to not let him die.

"There is a boat you can use, anchored on the Northern beaches of the island and out of sight of the Night Terrors. Use that to get off the island and seek out medical attention. Stay safe, Grimborn," She said softly, slipping her hand out of his grasp as he watched her walk back to her dragon and jump on the saddle. They made eye contact one last time before she took off into the air. Venomous saw this as a development in freindship, seeing as her rider clearly cared for him, between the venting and the situation that just played out. Now, with her thoughts tamed enough without the grief of Viggos 'death', she was exhausted and ready for her head to hit the pillow before light begins to paint the sky.

With Viggos warmth gone, the cold of the ocean's breeze began to bother her more. Venomous landed at Snotlout's hut, Freya stumbling off her dragon, her legs feeling like jelly after todays confusing events. She opened the hut, quietly as possible to avoid waking Snotlout, and went straight for the bed, Venomous curling up next to the bed. Inseperable as ever, her dragon wanted to sacrafice her comfort in order to stay close to her. Wishing her goodnight, Freya patted Venomous and tucked herself into the covers, savoring the warmth. Energy drained and emotionally content with Viggos survival, she happily slipped into the dream realm.

.

.

.

.

.

like i said, really short but it is an important and crucial part of the story later on. Later tonight or tomorrow there will be a new chapter. Regular sized and it will be themed around Wings of War. Look forward to that! Anyways hope you guys have a great day and do well on your exams! Cya!