𝙻𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚞𝚝𝚎

I rolled over panicking at the sound of my alarm going off. I sat up in bed grabbing my phone from my bedside table and muting my alarm. I looked beside me to a shirtless Vinnie, revealing all of his tattoos coating his body. He looked perfect sleeping so peacefully.

"Kai, wake up. You have to be at the track in 20." My dad pounded on my bedroom door. "Kai!"

I worried hoping my dumbass remembered to lock the door. Vinnie woke up at the sound of my dad yelling. I placed my finger over my mouth signaling for him to be quiet. "I'm awake! I got it."

"Hurry up!" He shouted back.

I fell back into my pillows moaning at the early morning I had forgotten about. Vinnie laughed and grabbed my face with his hand. "Goodmorning." He leaned in to kiss me but I still had no idea what we were even doing.

I sat back up quickly letting his hand fall into my lap. "I have to get dressed and leave. You should probably go into the boys room before everyone wakes up.

"Where are you going?" Vinnie propped himself up on his elbows watching me rush around my room to change.

"I have to be at the track. If I wanna beat Lindsey I have to practice." I tugged my shirt over my head and tossed my hair into a messy bun.

Vinnie was shocked. "When did you start riding again?" Vinnie was confused but I think part of him was concerned.

"Well...we could talk about how well I ride or you could come with me to find out." I shrugged grabbing my gloves from my dresser.

"Oh...I already know how well you ride." Vinnie smirked.

"I- let's just go." I shook my head heading to grab my door knob.

"Kailah wait!" Vinnie shouted.

"What do you want? My gosh." I turned around.

"Pants." He pointed.

"Wha-oh shit." I looked down at my bare legs and underwear I had on. I was in such a rush I almost forgot my pants.

My dad, Vinnie, and I finally made it to the track meeting my coach Jeff who had been training me. I put my boots on and walked my bike to the track. Vinnie and my dad sat in the bleachers.

VINNIE'S POV

Kai's dad sighed as we sat down on the bleachers. I didn't know if it was from nerves or if we were about to have the awkwardest talk.

"So, you like Arizona?" He asked.

"Yeah it's cool. Nothing like LA." I laughed making small talk.

"Not at all. Arizona is everything I hoped Kailah would want in her life..but she has her mind of her own." He shook his head smiling watching his daughter ride around the track.

"She sure does." I agreed.

"You know her tough act is her strategy to scare you away right? She called me the other night crying because she feels like she's lost and unsure of what she wants. When you two split I saw a side of her that I hadn't seen since her mom and sister passed." He paused for a moment while talking about Kai's mom and sister. "When you all flew out here, her whole mood changed the second she saw you. I want my daughter to be happy Vinnie, and I know she's too stubborn to tell you and even though it grosses me out, I think she loves you dude." He laughed.

I starred at Kailah who had pulled to the side of the track to talk to Jeff. "She's very stubborn but I know she means well. Thank you....for not only accepting me but for letting me take care of her."

"You're an alright guy." He nudged my arm laughing.

KAILAH'S POV

Jeff was one of the best coaches I had ever had in all of my career. He always pushed me as hard as I could take.