𝐩𝐚𝐩𝐞𝐫 𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 - 𝐬.𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐤𝐥𝐢𝐧

"can i get some of that?" your boyfriend asked holding his hand out to you. in response you sent a bag of skittles flying at him. he just sat there for a moment, "um ouch" he announced, pretending to be hurt, "i meant for you to put some in my hand" he whined.

you guys were resting on opposite sides of your bed as taylor swift's "lover" album played in the background. his back was leaning against the headboard, and you'd been sitting face towards him at the foot of the bed. "my sincere apologies steven" you joked with your hand over your heart, "apology accepted i guess" he mumbled, the corners of his mouth turning upwards. you laughed and cuddled up against his side. you placed a soft kiss on his jaw. those were his absolute favourite type of kisses to receive. a soft smile spread across his face and he kissed your forehead in return. you heard the beat of one of your favourite songs start to play, "oh, i love this song!" you shrieked in steven's ear by accident. he dramatically winced and held his ear, "do you always have to do that?" he gently laughed. you ignored him and stood on the bed, beginning to sing along to the song; "one, two, three, four i like shiny things but i'd marry you with paper rings!" you were having so much fun screaming the lyrics and singing off key to the song that you didn't even notice steven's adoring gaze in your direction. to steven, you were the most beautiful girl he'd ever laid his eyes on. he'd always wondered how he got so lucky, ending up with you. sometimes he'd catch himself staring at you before you could notice, but sometimes he didn't.

you were laughing as you turned around to steven who had a spark of admiration on his face, looking at you. you made a face of slight confusion as you noticed him. you looked behind you thinking he was looking at one of the posters on the wall. "you looking at phoebe bridgers or taylor swift?" you sat down and questioned with a head tilt. it took him a second and a few blinks to snap out of his gaze. the corner of his mouth curled up into a sort-of half smile, "niether." he spoke in a delicate tone. you just grew even more confused, 'what the hell was he saying?' you thought. "then where were you looking 'cause there's nothing else on that wall." you questioned pointing to the wall behind you. "i was looking at someone else." he said trying to hold back a huge smile. you still weren't following so he rolled his eyes and spoke, "i was looking at you, dummy." you mouthed 'ohhhhhhh' as steven nodded his head and smiled with a 'there you go' look on his face. "did it click?" he playfully asked, "yeah yeah, whatever dickhead." you playfully replied, "sing with me steven!"

after the song had finished, you both had to catch your breath from all the singing. for a second it was quiet and all you could hear was cornelia street in the back. you giggled and looked over at steven, who was already focused on you. he adjusted his position to be closer to you, "not to be cheesy but, you know, i-i-i really would marry you with paper rings. i don't care about the fancy things a-and the other meaningless crap. it'd all be worthless if i didn't have you. i love you." You didn't say anything for a moment. He started getting nervous, regretting actually saying that out loud. He started to apologize but you cut him off with am embracing hug. though he was caught off guard, steven threw his arms around you anyway.

"i would marry you with paper rings anyday." you whispered in his ear, "i love you too." you pulled back from the hug and kissed him like the world was ending. he pulled back for a second and gulped, "woah." you laughed at him and closed the gap again. that night was spent making out (which steven really appreciated) and making fun of him for being so slushy and sappy (which steven did not very much appreciate).

authors note:
HIII SO FIRST IMAGINE DO YOU HATE IT OR LOVE IT BE HONEST IM OPEN TO ADVICE! but pls take it easy on me yall, im still a sensitive baby😘😘 OK BYEEEEE TIL NEXT TIME FRIENDS❤️❤️❤️ vote and comment pls ilysm 💕💕