Part 20 - This or That

The shukla niwas was filled with excited voices. Everyone was busy with preparation for most awaited SIDNAAZ wedding. Last few days were spent with family to finalize the functions and guest list. The bride and groom were no longer lovey dovey couple, they changed to generals of India and Pakistan, never agreeing to any thing. The last fight they had were over the guest list.

Sid: Tu kaise itne logo ko bula sakti hai. Reception hai, langar nahi, ki sab aa jayenge.

Sana: Tu pagalll hai kya, shaadi mein koi nahi aayega...reception mein koi nahi aayega. Chal ghar mein shaadi karte hai aur family dinner kar lete hai...itne announcement ki kya zaroorat hai. Sana yelled and Sid was just shaking his head in frustration.

Sid: I am not comfortable with this. Tujhe bulana hai to bula but how can you call anybody and everybody. GADHI, teri list mein Rashmi ka bhi naam hai, 4 saal se uska muh bhi nahi dekha hai tune. 

Sana: To kya hua, Fifi and bagga ko bulayenge and baaki ko nahi....aacha nahi lagta. Kitne saal ho gaye khatm kar naa.

Sid: Abey gadhi, khatm kar diya hai tabhi to nahi bula raha. Wapas se ye sab gandgi chalu ho jayegi. I don't want it.

Sana: Mujhe nahi farak padta. Main bula rahi. Tu apni list bana, main apni bana rahi.

Sid: Soch ke list bana. Mujhe faltu ke log dikhe to main nahi aaunga reception pe.

Sana: Haan haan mat aana. Shaadi nahi hai jo tere bina nahi ho sakta. Bada aaya main nahi aaunga. And Sana moved out of the room without listening to Sidharth.

***************

Everyone observed constant bickering of SidNaaz, They were not talking to each other since a day.

Neetu Di: Kya hua hai Sana? tum dono itna kyu tension le rahe ho?

Sana: Pata nahi kya hai Di. Main kuch bhi kar rahi hu, sabke liye mana kar raha hai. Ek baar hi to saadi honi hai, usme bhi ye mat kar woh mat kar. Tang aa rahi hu main.

Neetu Di: Tu mujhe bata, tujhe kaisi shaadi chahiye. Main uss gadhe se baat karti hu.

Sana told her dream wedding, what she wants, how she wants. Her eyes were sparkling when she was talking.

Sid came back home, late in the night to avoid any discussions on wedding as he was aware it a topic of dispute. Sana slept by then but Neetu Di waited for him. Sid saw Neetu di watching TV while sitting on the couch.

Sid: Di, aap abhi tak? Kya hua? everything fine?

Neetu Di: I should be asking you that. What is happening with you and Sana?  Are you sure the fights are due to wedding or you are having cold feet?

Sid was shocked to see Neetu di confronting him, he calmed himself. 'No Di, koi cold feet nahi hai. But woh itni weird cheez plan kar rahi hai, she has gone mental. Batao how can I agree'

Neetu: So what if she is going a little overboard as per you. Ek hi baar to shaadi honi hai, let her enjoy it

Sid was now frustrated that even his Di was understanding him: To meri bhi ek baar hi honi hai. Mera koi yearly plan nahi hai shaadi ka.

Neetu: Pata hai. But tu bata, tune kabhi socha tha ki jab teri shaadi hogi to tu aise karega ya waise karega. 

Sid simply nodded in a no, understanding where the conversation was going.

Neetu: But usne kiya tha. Jab tera koi plan hi nahi tha to kya farak padta hai tujhe. I can see that she had dreamt about the wedding for several years. Her eyes sparkle when she talks about it. Let her have it her way. Thoda bahut control kar but you cant stop her from having her dream wedding. Decide what is more important a sober wedding or her twinkling eyes with smile. ITS HER RIGHT and you better co-operate. Neetu Di said the last line sternly giving a hint of warning to Sid.

Sid went back to his bedroom only to see Sana sleeping. He changed and laid next to her. He pulled her into a cuddle, observing her face. She looked a little tensed even in her sleep, he kissed her forehead and decided to resolve everything in the morning. The next morning Sidharth woke up before Sana and prepared tea for them.

Sid: Wake up, Baby. kissing her forehead. Sana put her head on his lap and snuggled her face in his stomach.

Sana: Baby, thoda mota ho jaa, softu softu.

Sidharth chuckled listening to her demand. 'Baby, tujhe to hard chahiye hota hai' he said teasing her. It took her a while to realize Sid's joke, she smiled with a blush. 'Main sirf pet ki baat kar rahi hu'. Sid caressed her hair and said 'Uth jaa baby, Chai laaya hu. Shaadi ki tayari nahi karni tujhe'. Sana sprung and sat immediately, she was surprised as Sid had started avoiding the talks for preparation due to the constant fights. She looked at him with surprised expression, Sid warmly smiled at her 'Shaadi sirf teri nahi hai, Chai pee aur kaam pe lag'. 

They both sat and discussed on how they wanted the wedding. He agreed to most of the things except some over the top stage decoration,  her weird pre + Post wedding shoot ideas and extremely long guest list. He managed to throw most of the BB contestant out of the list except Fifi, Daljit (which even he wanted to invite), Bagga, Madhurima and Vikas. 

In the afternoon, all the family members came to discuss further on the preparation. Sana was back to her chirpy self and Sidharth was relaxed and was equally involved in discussion. Neetu Di looked at Sid and smiled and Sidharth nodded and smiled back at her. The next few weeks went smoothly with few altercation in SIDNAAZ due to overexcited Sana and under excited Sid. Finally the wedding week was here when SIDNAAZ would legally become Mr and Mrs. Shukla.😍🥰💕