A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot

Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling

A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration by Emeric Switch

One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore

Magical Drafts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander

The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection by Quentin Trimble

OTHER EQUIPMENT

1 wand

1 cauldron (pewter, standard size 2)

1 set of glass or crystal vials

1 telescope

1 set of brass scales

Students may also bring an owl OR a cat OR a toad.

PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST YEARS ARE NOT ALLOWED THEIR OWN BROOMSTICK

          Harry walked over to the desk and began rummaging around to find a pen and paper on which he could write his response, while looking for the pen and paper he found some money which was more than enough to pay for bus fares, it seemed to have been forgotten about since it was at the bottom of the desk. Having finally found suitable supplies he wrote his response, making sure to use his best handwriting.

Dear Minerva McGonagall Deputy Headmistress,

I have received your owl, this is my confirmation for the upcoming term.

Sincerely, Harry J. Potter

       After Harry had written his response he looked around for an envelope he could put it in, upon finding a rather fancy envelope he folded his response in half so it would fit better and neatly wrote the address on the front, Harry sealed the envelope and ventured outside in search for a suspiciously patient owl.

        He walked out into the backyard minding his steps so he won't accidentally squash one of Aunt Petunias' precious flower beds. No matter where he looked he could not find that darn owl, and then like a light bulb it occurred to him that the owl wouldn't be waiting in plain sight for any muggle to see, they were probably hiding high in the trees. At this point, Harry was whiling to try anything, and due to his amazing innovative thinking he had decided to just hold the letter into the air for the owl to see, and miraculously the darn owl responded and fluttered down onto Harry's shoulder. Harry gave the owl a blank stare that signified annoyance the owl just hooted at him almost like it was laughing at him. The owl propped out his leg for Harry who tied his letter with the piece of string already there waiting for his response as soon as he had secured the knot the owl flew off with a goodbye hoot.

          Harry made his way out of the backyard and began walking in the direction of the main road, instead of taking a left towards the park he went to the right this time in the direction of the library, he walked in a straight line until he was in front of the tall double doors of the library, but instead of going inside he walked towards the bus stop in front of it. Harry sat down on one of the benches and waited for the bus, according to the schedule that was posted on the glass of the bus stop it should be here in about 5 minutes.

          Minutes later the bus arrived Harry boarded and paid the bus fare of £1.65. The driver accepted the money and asked, "Where ya headed kid?"

"I'm headed to London, sir."

A look of alarm passed over the driver's face and harry knew he would have to come up with an excuse.

"That's an awfully long way away for a kid." the bus driver stated."

          Harry swiftly came up with a lie, after all the sneaking around he did at Hogwarts he was bound to get good at it eventually.

          "Not really I've travelled to London before, my Aunt is always so busy with housework she doesn't have time to pick up her orders, so I pick them up for her."

          It seemed the bus driver brought it because he stopped asking questions and let him take a seat, Harry sat down and made himself comfortable, this would be a long drive especially since there were more stops that they needed to go to, after all, 4th privet drive is about 40 miles from London.

{Hi! Thanks for reading, so I've gotten to the point in chapter nine where Harry has to take a blood test to prove his identity but I'm not sure how to go about writing it, like how should I show all the estates he is entitled to and things of the sort? If anyone has any examples please let me know. Also, should I make Harry powerful political wise? Like overly so to the point where he is somehow related to merlin himself and has like 20 different titles In lordships because from what I have seen people have mixed emotions towards it, what would you enjoy reading Harry overly powerful political wise or should I keep it simple and realistic but throw in a few surprises? Honestly, either is okay with me but it may take longer to progress with the plot because I would need to come up with an explanation as to how all this is happening.}