Chapter 6

{Hi! I apologize but there is an author's note at the end please read it! I would like feedback on how you would like the story to progress, this will greatly affect the plot later on!}

          Harry understandably was excited that his birthday was nearing, not because he would be getting a fancy celebration he never got those, the Dursleys would never waste their money on a freak of nature like him, no he was excited because he got his first Hogwarts around the time of his birthday, because of this he has been unable to sleep well at night, because of the anticipation that came with the waiting, it was driving him mad.

          So on that faithful day, when Uncle Vernon recited those words almost as if he were reading from a script made Harry's heart jumped nearly out of his chest.

"Dudley get the mail," Uncle Vernon said not looking up from his newspaper when he heard the mail slot clink open. Dudley whined out his response"Make Harry get it," and of course, he responded in the same way "Make Dudley get it." Uncle Vernon replied gruffly still not looking up from his newspaper "Boy get the mail." Harry dutifully said his response "Make Dudley get it," and just like last time Uncle Vernon said in the same gruff tone, "Dudley poke him with your stick."

          Dudley jabbed his stick at him, and Harry narrowly dodged, he walked over to the door and grabbed the mail, he briefly looked through them before he found his Hogwarts letter, he quickly shoved the letter into the waistband of his pants and pulled his overly large shirt over it completely hiding it from view, he took an extra second making sure it was impossible to tell he had anything on him, no matter which way he faced, he knew he had to hurry when he heard Uncle Vernon say "Boy what are you doing, searching for letter bombs?" Harry quickly walked back over and gave the post to Uncle Vernon. Harry went about his normal chores, while he waited impatiently for his family to leave the house, Harry was suddenly very grateful for keeping his memories of his past life, he knew the Dursleys will be out of the house until later at six due to a meeting involving Dudleys new school called Smeltings.

          Harry bid his time waiting until they left, and when they finally did he rushed up the stairs nearly tripping and landing straight on his face while doing so, he slid down the hallway and into the office, where he opened his Hogwarts letter.

          Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

          Headmaster Albus Dumbledore (Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock, Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)

   Dear Mr H. Potter,

          We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment. Term begins on September 1. We await your owl by no later than July 31.

        Yours sincerely,

     Minerva McGonagall Deputy Headmistress

      The second page with requirements says:

        Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

   UNIFORM First-year students will require: 1. Three sets of plain work robes (black) 2. One plain pointed hat (black) for day wear 3.One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar) 4. One winter cloak (black, with silver fastenings) Please note that all pupil's clothes should carry name tags.

COURSE BOOKS All students should have a copy of each of the following:

The Standard Book of Spells (Grade 1) by Miranda Goshawk