Chapter Six

Hi guys. I've been sick (and I still am) but I decided that it's been too long since I last posted. I hope you guys enjoy it. 

I also have a request. I have a fanfiction that I want to write. It's about twilight (if you don't like twilight it's quite alright). Anyways I need characters. I'll post a link to the form where you can fill out your information. It will be closed on March 15. Thanks for reading. Thanks for filling out the form.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Six: The Truth Is…

Prentiss eyed the two beds in the hotel room. She shook her head.

“I’m not sharing a bed with her.”

Aidan dropped into a chair and clasped his hands onto his chest. His hair fell back as he rested his head on the chair.

“Didn’t plan on letting you. Just pick a bed, Aednat will sleep in the other.”

He didn’t bother to look at them. Aednat chuckled and crawled onto the bed, biting her lip while looking at Prentiss. She let a moan escape her.

“I…don't even care.”

Prentiss said before collapsing on the bed. It was well pass twelve. Aidan didn’t stop driving until he was sure no one was following them, which he hadn’t figured until two hours earlier. They had been looking for a hotel room for the last hour in a half.

Prentiss took a deep breath. The sheets smelled nice. They were soft and…

“Diamond, you’re back.”

A woman with long, dark hair smiled at her. Her hazel eyes were gorgeous and the dress she wore made her look like every man’s dream. Prentiss looked around her. She was in the same place she had been every single night in her dream. The ball room was bright with lights from hanging crystal chandeliers on the high ceilings. Large white columns made a barrier around the dance floor, dividing it from the people who stood by enjoying the dancing pairs. Everyone was dressed in beautiful gowns or tuxedos. There were so many people. She became their main attraction.

“We’ve missed you.”

The woman said, taking her hand and ushering her into the crowd of adoring, beautiful creatures. Everyone was smiling at her, genuinely happy to see her. Prentiss felt equally happy to see them. She felt protected and loved. It was such a nice feeling.

“You are so beautiful. Might I have this dance?”

She heard behind her. She turned around and saw a handsome man. He was tall, had smooth sugar brown skin and peculiar eyes. In one instant they seemed to be the clearest grey she had ever seen and in the neck, they shimmered like diamonds. They were the most beautiful eyes she had ever seen. Prentiss smiled at him and he took her hand into his. He pulled her to him and put his hand gentle on her back while he spun her around the room. All the other couples moved off the dance floor, giving them plenty of room.

Everyone’s faces seemed to blur as he glided around the large dancing space, spinning her and dipping her. All the while he never looked away from her eyes. In his arms, Prentiss felt warm…safe almost. It felt as if she were snug in her mother’s arms, at home.

“You are so warm.”

Prentiss’ eyes popped open. In the far side of the room, Aidan was snoring slightly, still sitting in the chair. Aednat was straddling her, caressing her hair, kissing her neck. Prentiss pushed at her shoulders. It felt like she was pushing against a brick wall.

“Get off me.”

She said. Aednat chuckled into her neck. Her hands were sliding up and down her arms. They were icy cold. They left chills on them.