Whiskey lullaby

By the way, y'all have to listen to the video above to get this chapter~ iluvcows7 / Scarpaw
~Damon's POV~
Its been a week since Scarlet and I have seen each other. Scarlet. That's all who I could think about. I loved her and now she's gone from my life forever. I couldn't take it. I just grabbed whiskey and drank. I didn't stop. I tried so hard to get drunk and forget about her. But she just ran through my mind. I wish I didn't say that. I wish I was never jealous. I wish I forgave her. I wish I wasn't a vampire. That's all I really wish for. Just to be normal. I wish I would've met Scarlet as a normal person. I wish I could've fallen in love with her as a normal person. And none of this would've happened. On the radio that I was listening to, Whiskey Lullaby, by: Braid Paisley came on. It was one of Scarlet's favorite songs. I listened to it as I drank. "Until the night, he put that bottle to his head, and pulled the trigger." The song sang. "He finally drank away her memory, life is short but this time it was bigger, for the strength he had to get off his knees." "We found him with his face down in the pillow, with a note that says I'll love her till I die. And when we buried him beneath the willow, the angels sang the Whiskey Lullaby." It sang. "La la la la la la la, la la la la la la laaa!" The sang finished. I had tears streaming down my face. I couldn't take it. After breaking up with Scarlet, after hearing this song. I couldn't take it. I ran upstairs to my room. I bent down next to the bed and stuck my hand under the bed. I pulled out my pistol. I sat on the bed and looked at my dresser. A picture of all of us stood there. I was smirking, Stefan had his arms crossed and was raising an eyebrow at me. Dean wasn't in the picture, but I kinda wish he was. Jordan was jumping in the air, her hands waved out and a giant grin on her face. And then there was Scarlet. Sam was hugging her around the neck and had his chin on her head. She was smiling and hugging Sam's arms. I grabbed the picture. I grabbed a piece of paper and wrote a note on it. Once I finished, I set it on my dresser and looked at the pistol. I moved it around in my hands and checked to see if it had bullets. Yep. I closed the chamber and cocked the gun. "I'm sorry Scarlet." I whispered and pointed the gun at my head. My whole body was shaking. I breathed in and held my breath. Goodbye, everyone. I love you.

~Scarlet's POV~
I slowly drank a bottle of Jack Daniels. It usually made me feel good. But it didn't this time. My heart was torn into two. I couldn't take it. It's been a week since I last saw Damon. I missed him. I wish I forgave him. I wish I wasn't the ass. Then, the worst thing happened. Whiskey Lullaby came on the radio. The tears ran down my face. I didn't want to change it. But I had too. Or else I would break down. I just sat there. I stared off into space and listened to the song. "Until the night, she put that bottle to her head, and pulled the trigger." The song sang. "And finally drank away his memory, life is short but this time it was bigger, to the strength she had to get up off her knees." "We found her with her face down in the pillow, clinging to his picture for dear life. We laid her next to him beneath the willow! While the angels sang a whiskey lullaby, lalalallalalalalalalalalalala." The dong finished and I was in tears. I got up and ran out the door. I had to get Damon back. I ran to the old Salvatore mansion. I walked up the stairs to see his door was closed. "Damon." I said. No answer. "Damon, I'm sorry, please forgive me." I said. Still no answer. "Damon?" I asked opening the door. What I saw made me drop to my knees. Damon. He was dead. His face was resting on his pillow and blood trickled down his face. "Damon." I said with tears flowing down my face. It's all my fault. I walked slowly to him and dropped by the bed. He had his mouth open and his eyes as well. I sniffled and closed them. "Damon, I'm sorry." I said. "I'm so sorry." I whispered and dropped my head on the bed. I saw his pistol. It was lying on the ground next to his bed. I picked it up and checked the chamber. Still some bullets. I closed it and looked at Damon. I noticed something on his dresser. I picked it up. It was a note

Scarlet,
I'm sorry for what I've done. I was the biggest dick ever, and I regret everything I said. I'm sorry for being jealous and I'm sorry for not being the guy you wanted. I've always loved you. And in the back of my head, the whole time I knew you and Fang weren't hooking up. But I didn't listen to myself. I was a jealous asshole. But now I'm not. I'm nothing now. I'm just a dead guy. So, I hope you find the man your looking for and he's nothing like me.
Stefan,
I'm sorry for picking on you all these years. I guess that's what brothers do. But I pushed through the most hardest times and I feel bad now. No one wants me, so no one will have to deal with me now.
Jordan,
You were the best little sister anyone could ever have. You always found a way to cheer people up and never failed. You even managed to cheer me up. With your ridiculous singing, idiotic howling and goofing off. You were the nicest, best werewolf I met. And always will be.
So to all of you, I say to you, goodnight...
I love you all.

My tears were dripping on the paper by the time I was done. I held the note close to my chest and sobbed. My true love. Dead. I couldn't take it. I looked at Damon's body. I kissed his head and held the gun tight in my hand. "I'll be with you soon." I whispered. I grabbed a piece of paper and wrote a note down. I also grabbed a picture of Damon. I finished and sat on the floor. I put my hand in Damon's dead hand and squeezed it tight. "I'm coming, my love." I whispered and put the gun to my head. I'll miss y'all. Goodnight. I love you.