𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑽

Start from the beginning

Standing up with a slight but exaggerated groan, he throws the strap of his lute over his shoulder and begins to walk to the exit of the tent, doing just that as he steps out into the snow. The moon was bright as is looked down upon him. His sense of things was heightened with how quiet it was. He could hear a man approach behind him, even when said man was crouching, stepping heel to toe in a practiced fashion. And so, Ben decided to have some fun.

Hr began to lead the Wildling on a sort of chase. He began to pick up the pace through the camp, turning into an all out sprint as he grinned, the man behind him beginning to give chase. But eventually, Ben had ran all the way through the camp with not a weapon to protect himself. As he ran up one of the many tall hills winding through the endless landscape of snow, he spun around quickly with his lute in hand and swung it hard, slapping the hard ironwood right into the face of Tormund Giantsbane, knocking him straight on his ass and into the snow.

"Haha! You should've seen the look on your face when I stopped!"

Ben laughed as Tormund rubbed his cheek, eyes furrowed angrily as he spits.

"Damn you, Stark."

"Oh, I'm sure many have. You wouldn't be the first, my friend."

"I ain't your friend, boy."

In sudden fashion, Tormund swiped his legs out from under him, and Ben hit the snow, but never lost his smile as Tormund was over him in an instant, his hand picking Ben up by the collar of his furs and his other clenched into a fist near his face.

"You hurt her in any way, I'll feed you your own guts, boy."

"Who?"

"Don't play stupid, you cunt. Val."

"Why? You want her instead?"

Ben barely dodged the punch as Tormund's fist hit the snow behind Ben's head.

"She's my family, my blood. You may have the name Stark, and you might have some Wildling blood in your veins, but that won't be enough to save you if you fuckin' hurt her in any way at all."

The huge ginger spat as Ben shook his head, losing his smile as he frowned.

"I don't think she's the one that needs protecting. We're alone out here. I could kill you and bury you in the snow and say you got lost."

"Wonder how many people would believe you."

"Mm, it's not about believing. I could care less. Now, you lay your hands off me, and I might consider leaving your teeth in your mouth."

Before Tormund could even open his mouth to threaten Ben again, both Stark and Wildling froze in the sudden noise, a growl. Several.

Both look to their side and what greats them in the darkness makes both men to stop fighting each other to prepare for the ones coming for them.

"Oh, shit.."

"Wolves."

Tormund gets off of Ben as he stands back up, drawing his knife as he holds it up in preparation. Ben stands, but no weapons to draw as he chuckled half-heartedly.