Author's Note

Hi there!

Before you lies "Hope Chronicle", a project that dates back to Vamptober of 2021 when some of the prompts gave me the initial ideas of what this story could be about. Back then, the first chapter was written, and only now I finished the other two. It is set in an existing town of Hope, BC, in Canada. I haven't been there so don't take my depiction of it as a genuine one. There are some changes. I must admit, I just found it on the map, and loved the vibe it gave off. It is a truly marvelous place, so if it interests you, go check it out.

Please know that this story might not be that accessible if you're not familiar with the basic lore of Vampire: The Masquerade. There is some exposition about it here, but bear in mind that various topics remain unexplained in detail. If you want to learn more about this setting that is really close to my heart, you can pick up anything related to it, from "Bloodlines" to "NY by Night". Video Games, TTRPG campaigns, and many more. It is an amazing world, so if you're even a bit interested, give it a try as you may discover something truly wonderful.

All the graphics you see here, both the cover art and the chapter banners, were generated using MidjourneyAI. I'm not a graphic artist myself, but with that I can give you just a bit of a hint of what is the vibe I'm feeling from this story.

So, with all that information out of the way, let the night fall upon our little town of Hope as the story begins to unfold...

***

The following novel contains: adult content, violence, and explicit language.

Reader discretion is advised.

***

This is not official World of Darkness content.

***

Portions of the materials are the copyrights and trademarks of Paradox Interactive AB, and are used with permission. All rights reserved.

For more information please visit: worldofdarkness.com