Chapter 5

Harry followed Odin as he walked through the corridors. His staff and his trunk in his left hand, Odin's leash in his right.
Hedwig was sent ahead as he didn't want to close her in a cage. He got distracted when Odin started barking at something and he didn't notice a person. It was too late and he bumped into them.

"I'm sorry for bumping into you" Harry apologized quickly.
"It's alright. Do you need help finding a compartment?" A boy, a lot taller than him.
"Yes, thank you. Are you a prefect?" He asked curiously.
"Yes, I am Robert Hilliard, I am a fifth-year Ravenclaw. What's your name?"
"Harry Stevenson, nice to meet you," Harry answered.

"Are you, perhaps, blind? I noticed your dog, they normally aren't allowed at Hogwarts" Robert asked while leading Harry through the corridor.
"Yes I am mostly blind, I see forms and shadows but not much else," Harry answered.
"It must be... difficult," Robert commented quietly.
"It is but you get used to it."

His mothers spoke with Snape and the professor swore to never say a word. The colors he saw were a consequence of a gift called Mage-Sight. It was a very rare ability that is passed only through genetics. Professor Snape said that it should be kept a secret as many wizards saw it as a sign that someone had creature blood. The theory is said to be invented by Slytherin himself and many believe in it.

"Here we are! It's towards the back of the train next to the door so that your dog can get you off very quickly. I advise you to wait a couple of minutes after the train stops so that most people are off. I'll send someone if you want?"
"No, thanks." Harry answered as he got comfortable "We can manage."
"Well then, enjoy your ride! The train will start moving soon."
"Thank you for helping me."
"You are welcome."

Harry sat in silence for a bit while caressing Odin's head on his knee. But he got bored soon. He decided to read a book and just relax, he had a lot of time. He started reading a book on the most important events of the magical world's history, just to understand a bit more about his origins.

The door of the compartment opened and Odin barked three times, telling him that more than one person was present.
"Hi, can we sit here?" The boy who spoke had a strange aura. He probably was prideful and arrogant, but the pink showed that he was an affectionate and kind person.
"Sure. As long as you don't mind Odin here" Harry answered.

"Oh! I've always wanted a dog but my mother won't allow it." A girl said while petting Odin's head "I'm Pansy Parkinson, by the way" She added. She was alright, nothing concerning about her aura. She did have a strong personality.
"Harry Stevenson," He said.
"Draco Malfoy. Are you a muggle-born?" He asked sounding a bit disgusted.
"No, my parents were magical but they died when I was a child. I was later adopted by a muggle couple." He answered a bit warily.
"Can you tell us a bit about the muggle world? None of us ever stepped foot in it." A boy asked sounding intrigued "I'm Blaise Zabini."

"Sure" Harry answered before starting a long conversation about cinema, television, airplanes, and cars. Blaise was impressed, and he loudly expressed his desire to see his world. Draco didn't understand how lesser beings like muggles could create such things but Harry showed them some photos about his world.

They spent the rest of the ride getting to know each other and they taught him some games like Exploding Snap. Harry had a lot of fun. He liked his new friends and they didn't mind that he was blind. When he started school some kids were teasing him about it while the majority of the others were avoiding him. It wasn't nice and when his mom found out he changed school. It wasn't much better but at least the teasing stopped.

He hoped that he would make a lot more friends and learn new things at Hogwarts.