Prolouge

[August 18, 18##, 5 years ago]

The only thing Firey can hear is the pattering of hooves as he rides through the woods.

He was going to find (and stop) a destructive cult from summoning... something.

(He wasn't sure what the cult was looking for, he wasn't a priest.)

(He just knew it was dangerous.)

Once healthy Trees begin to look burned as he nears the supposed cult– it was like something had set the place ablaze without anybody knowing!

Despite this, it seems the trees stayed standing and kept the place well hidden- he cuts through branches to avoid getting cut by them.

Firey can see the hooded cult members and pulls out his sword, ready to jail them for their crimes.

Gripping the wooden handle, he (and his fellow knights) are surprised by the cult's knowledge of magic (Something that wasn't taught often) and more so by how foreign it seemed. 

Despite this, he charges into battle– bodies drop and horses flee, and Firey realizes they were far from winning.

(He's not gonna flee, though.)

(He'll win this– for everyone the cult had hurt.)

So he raises his sword and–

–is outnumbered by the cult.

(Never bring a knife to a gunfight?)

(More like, "Never bring a sword to a magic fight!")

Firey's vision goes black as he can vaguely hear the cult members approach him.

(This can't end well.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Firey opens his eyes, and the first thing he notices is how light he feels.

The second thing he notices is that he can't move– his arms are tied behind his back and his feet are tied together.

He tries to free himself, resulting in rope burn lining his wrists.

Firey stops struggling to bear himself the pain and begins looking around in hopes of a better plan.

...Nothing.

Firey hears footsteps approaching and looks to see the cult members walking toward him– their hoods shade their faces and cover the rest of their bodies.