Chapter 2: Rachel is... hurt?!

Glitter Diamond's POV,

"Take that, Bel!" I shouted triumphantly. I floated gently to the ground and my glitter shoes thumped on the pavement. I had just shot his distain with "diamond shower," and after Glitter Spade used "sparkle flash," the big creature was doomed.

My victory was short, however. Moments after I spoke, I felt a THUD! on my left shoulder.

"Diamond!" I heard Glitter Ace cry.

The distain had flailed its arms as it fell in defeat, and it delivered a harsh blow to my shoulder because I stood in its way.

Falling to the ground, I heard the gasps of the glitter girls. Their sparkly dresses fluttered in the wind as they ran towards me, and I gently closed my eyes. I winced in pain.

"Is she okay?!" I heard one girl mutter, not sure if it was Natalie or Maya.

"She has to be! She's our diamond, and our friend. I'd never forgive myself if anything happened to her during our battle!"

The voices grew increasingly louder, and I fought for the strength to open my eyes. Maya knelt in front of me, tears in her eyes and the most worried look on her face. Her fear disintegrated as she saw my eyes flutter open, and she gently lifted my hand with hers.

"Oh, Rachel," she smiled with the most loving voice, "I knew you'd be alright!"

I didn't even notice I had gone back to "Rachel" until I saw my hand in hers, my sleeve back to the white one I wore with my blue school dress. The glitter girls all smiled and Mackenzie helped me up.

"We should get you home," she urged in a hurried tone. "I don't want you to injure yourself more. If Rory or your mom is home, they should be able to make sure you get some good rest."

I smiled at Mackenzie and my friends. They were all such good teammates, and I felt so lucky to have these girls by my side. They truly cared for me. I felt their friendship as they all pitched in to take me home, Nataly carrying my school bag and Clara keeping my glitter pact safe. Maya and Mackenzie helped ease my shoulder.
*******************************************

Ira's POV,

What the hell?

I wondered, as I flew above the town and spotted all the glitter girls together. They were holding Rachel and walking slowly, as if she had been hurt.

Had she been hurt?

Stupid me, worrying about my enemy. Bel had left the mercenare hideout earlier saying he'd "take care of those glitter brats once and for all," but as I saw Rachel struggle to walk, I wish I had stopped him.

I furrowed my brows in distress, and the twinge in my gut wouldn't let me leave them alone. Gripping my purple coat, I stayed a safe distance but began to follow them.
———————————————————————
Getting to Rachel's house, I watched as her and her friends said goodbye.

"Make sure you watch over her, Rory!" A cheerful Maya ordered. The blue pixie nodded and took Rachel inside by the sleeve.

I eyed the house, and it seemed empty besides Rory and Rachel. I guess her mom wasn't home, which gave me more confidence to enter. Still, that pixie would probably not give me a break, so I decided to make some noise in the bushes to startle him. Kicking a can as hard as I could, I watched and couldn't help but chuckle at the frantic Pixie.

It's so much fun causing trouble.

"Rory!" I heard the blue haired girl yell.