The curtains are Drawn

The all-powerful force sustaining The Vasilios empire is...

..divinity.

Only two families are bestowed with divine power, and they took the name of the empire as their own.

One was the imperial family, which made sure that the empire prospered outside its borders..

And the other was the pope and the church, which focused on the empire's security.

The two families shaped the Vasilios empire.

The debutante ball held after two springs and two winters....had passed the Vasilios empire..was the most anticipated event by all the budding socialites.

Three years ago

"I heard...that count Callista's daughter will make her debut today." "That's quite unexpected." "I thought she would stay hidden forever." "I think it was said she's been chronically I'll from birth?" "No..the rumour is that she was born a monster, not a human." "Some say the count kept his daughter hidden because she was too precious to him..." "what nonsense!" 

"Ah!Lady Medea and Lady Jubellain what are your takes on it?"

Our status was very different back then

Our status was very different back then. You were crushed by the gossip even upon your first step into high society...while I and Jubel were already in the uppermost echelons at the mere age of nineteen. Therefore, that night...

"Well..." I showed a little generosity like my sister or someone in my position would. "It is normal for a household to hide their troubles...but the same true for those who possess something very precious." I said. "Indeed.."

However, precious things...

"How astute you are." "Lady Medea you are much too kind."

were treated as such because of their rarity.

*murmur* *murmur* "is she really...lady psyche of the house of Castilla?"

That was why psyche's entrance was so shocking but it was nothing compared to jubellian.

The Solon manor.

*stacked* "straighten your back some more." "Don't fall asleep. You need to transcribe at least half of what I've prepared to even begin imatating Lady Medea." Helio said caressing Jubellain's hair as she had fallen asleep on his shoulder while preparing. 

"But..this is too difficult for me, my lord. Are you sure Lady Medea and Lady Jubellain mastered these works when they were eight years old?" Psyche asked. "Please do not use that tone and expression with Lady Medea's face. I suppose I should be relieved that Lady Medea took a more generous tone in public." He said, "Still you should make an habit of speaking down to people when in private." He continued.

"F-fine." She said. He sighed. 'Will she able to pull it off? Culture, common sense and saviour faire. She doesn't have a single thing that I can rely on. But at least..she has the potential to weather a crisis. I have no choice but to risk everything on that potential.

In Count Castilla manor

The basement

"Well....it looks like he won't let me out."Medea sighed and said.

Day of the banquet.

"What..? Why are you dressed like this?" Helio asked. " Does it look weird on me?" Psyche asked. "No..why is your dress so flashy?" "Huh! Lady Jubellain has worn a much fancier and flashy dress then me!" Psyche said confused. "No, she can afford to dress like that. She is the crown prince's childhood friend regardless. Also she is the angel of the empire. You're dressed like you are the star of the banquet. You are not the crown prince's anything right now. Dressing like that is only going to put your life in danger." Helio said redressing her while Jubellain waited outside.

" Helio said redressing her while Jubellain waited outside

' I hope sister likes my gift.' Jubellain thought clutching the gift box. 'I was contemplating whether to give or not after I knew the truth but....rumours of me buying the gift have already spread!!!' She exclaimed in her mind. Just then the carriage door opened. "Lady Jubellain, we can get going." Lord Helio said.

With Eros and Medea

"Just as I promised." Eros said kissing Medea as Psyche's hand as they walked towards the door to hall. "After everything we've been through, we stand together at last." He said, but on his mind was one thing only: seeing Jubellain in a ball dress and finally apologising to her.

"Attention! His highness the crown prince and Lady Psyche Castilla are entering." The announcer said as the doors opened.

Medea pov

I wonder how you see me today psyche, the upsuerer of the one you love or.... The fool who now has to bear your burden?