⎝⎝𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝔽𝕝𝕖𝕒 𝔸𝕟𝕕 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝔸𝕔𝕣𝕠𝕓𝕒𝕥⎠⎠

Start from the beginning

"You wanna go out there?" Nance asks. He nods. "But we might not find anything" he says. "But I found something. And Lil saw something. I mean..." she continues. "It may be a little to no chance, but we can still try." I say. They look over and nod.

"But if we do see it..then what?" I ask. Jon pauses. "Then we kill it." he says. He stands up taking our hands to help is up and we follow him to a car. Lonnie's. "What are you doing?" I ask. "Just, give me a second." he says.

He pulls out a revolver and some bullets, putting them in his pockets. "Are you serious?" Nance asks. "What? You wanna take another photo? Yell at it?" Jon says closing the door. "This is a terrible idea." Nance says. "Yeah, well, it's the best we've got." he says.

I begin to walk towards the church. "You comin Lil's?" Jon asks. I nod. "Yeah, just need to talk to Dust for a sec." They nod and follow.

~~~

I walk over to the boys who is talking to Mr. Clarke. I smile and walk over. "Mr. Clarke, hi." I say. He looks up. "Hello Delilah, one of my favorite students. How have you been?" he asks. "I've been okay just dealing with these knuckleheads." I say sitting down next to Dust.

"Okay so back to our conversation. So, theoretically, how do we travel to that gate?" Lucas asks. I'm assuming they are asking him how to cast shadowalk, or go to the upside down.

"Well, picture an acrobat. Standing on a tightrope. Now the tightrope, is our dimension. And our dimension has rules." he grabs a plate and draws on it, showing us. "You can move forwards, or backwards. But, what if...right next to the acrobat, was a flea? Now, the flea can travel back and forth like the acrobat, but, he can also travel along the side of the rope. but also, underneath the rope." he says.

I realize what he's saying. "So, how can we, theoretically, become the flea?" Mike asks. "Well...you'd have to create a massive amount of energy. To open up some kind of tear in time and space-"he says. "Or like a gate." I finish. He smiles. "Yes, exactly. And then..." he says folding the plate then puncturing it.

"You create a doorway."

"But, then again, this is all-" he says. "Theoretical." we all say in unison. "But, what if this gate already existed?" Mike asks. "Well if it did, I think we'd know. It would disrupt gravity, the magnetic field, our environment." he says. "Heck, it might swallow us up whole." he finishes.

We all look at each other.

~~~

We go back to Mike's so he can explain the concept Mr. Clarke told us to her.

"So, do you know where the gate is?" Lucas asks. I feel El tense up next to me. She shook her head. "Then how do you know about the upside down?" he groans. We look at her while she plays with her fingers. I sigh then look over to Dustin, who is pacing back and forth.

"Dust, what are you doing?" I ask. He ignores me and keeps going. "Dust." I say again. Suddenly his head pops up. "I need you guys' compasses. Quick!" he yells. I get up and run out to my car to get mine and I come back to put it on the table. "What?" Lucas asks.

"I knew it. They are all facing north." he says. "So?" Lucas says. "Well, that's not true north." he continues. "What do you mean?" I ask. "It means exactly what I said. That's not true north. Are you seriously this dense?" he says. They both shrug.