Chapter §1§

§ʟᴏ: ᴀᴛʟᴀɴᴛᴀ, ɢᴀ
ᴊᴀɴᴜᴀʀʏ 1ꜱᴛ. 2022
3:30 ᴘᴍ.§

                              §𝐀𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐫 𝐀𝐳𝐚𝐢§

I groaned hearing my phone ringing, I opened my eyes trying to adjust to the darkness, only a little bit of my living room was visible due to the light from the moon shining in through my balcony window.

As I focused more I could see the reflection of the rain dripping down the balcony door, against the wall near the TV that displayed darkness.

Although it was pouring down raining it was peaceful, slight rumbles of thunder could be heard but nothing too serious. I turned on my side grabbing my phone off the coffee table I glanced at the contact name seeing it was my best friend calling.

I quickly glanced at the time that read three thirty before answering her call. "Hello?" I asked sitting up. I felt something rub against my feet causing me to jump a little before realizing it was my puppy Kilo.

I had just bought him a few days ago, I always have moments where I forget I have him. I'm so used to being alone, now that I do have him, I don't feel that alone anymore.

"What are you doing?" I moved the phone away from my ear rolling my eyes before putting it back up to my ear "Are you serious? It's late as hell, what do you think I'm doing." I laughed a little

"Well if it isn't little miss ole attitude." I smiled a little shaking my head before leaning over to pet a sleeping Kilo.

"I don't have an attitude. You just be calling late as hell every time, you never call me throughout the day. You remind me of men who text "wyd" at two something in the morning after not talking to you all day, all they are wanting is sex. Is that what you want from me? Sex Yuni?" I joked

"I would never bump coochies with you! I'm about to be up." She hung up up.

I looked at the phone shocked before rushing to the elevator. Once the door opened I quickly pulled her into a hug. She had been away for two months now due to her being a traveling nurse.

"I missed you!" I said excitedly as she hugged me back.

"I missed you too boo! Why is it so dark in here?" She asked as she made her way to my room. I quickly picked up a sleeping Kilo and followed behind her.

Once I made it into my room I laid Kilo in his bed as Yuri climbed into mine turning on the Tv. I climbed in beside her.

"So how was it?" I asked as she settled on playing Rapunzel

"It was good, fine ass doctors of course. A few nurses were pissing me off because they weren't doing shit for real. I was helping THEIR nursing assistants and mine. That shit was chaotic, but either way, I got my check. I did switch to the night shift during the last few weeks of my contract. The night shift was way easier and less stressful."