twelve ✿ my kind of woman

chapter twelve

chapter twelve

❁ ❁ ❁ ❁

The next morning flew by, anticipation laced thickly through the first hours of my day. Late afternoon had settled in outside of my window, warm sun now low in the sky preparing itself for its descent into the horizon. Soft music echoed through the room, the raspy voice of Yellow Days weaved itself through the silence as it sang to the tune of "A Little While". My phone was propped up against a stack of books on the chest of drawers across from my bed, the sound of an incoming FaceTime call buzzing from it. My finger slid itself over the answer button, Ivy's face immediately appearing on the screen.

"I'm so sorry, the call dropped!" My best friend spoke from the other side of the phone, a frown etched on her face.

"It's okay, it gave me time to put on the 18th outfit you requested." I replied playfully.

Ivy rolled her eyes, a playful smirk on her lips as she childishly mocked my words. "Whatever, you'll thank me later! Now step back so I can see if this is the one!"

I took a few steps back, small laughs leaving my lips at my best friends remark. I playfully twirled for her, socked feet easily sliding across the hardwood floor. The black dress hung prettily on my body, little red flowers scattered over the silky smooth fabric. Fabric that clung perfectly over every curve before stopping a few inches past my knees. Ivy smiled at me through the phone screen, smile lines deep on her cheeks.

"I love it, so much! But what if you get cold!" She huffed, eyebrows knitting together. "I can't believe he didn't tell you where you're going!"

"I knew you'd say that." I laughed out.

I turned around, back now facing the phone as I walked over to my walk in wardrobe. My fingers gripped onto a créame colored cardigan, hands pulling it off it's hanger before walking back over to stand in front of the phone. I slid on the garment, soft plush fabric now sitting on my shoulders. I sent my best friend a toothy grin, my thumb sticking up in approval.

"See, all better!"

"But now you'll be hot! All I'm saying is he could've at least told you where he's taking you." Ivy huffed. "Maybe you can try on the oth-"

"Vy stop!" I said, quickly cutting her off through a laugh. "I can just take it with me and put it on if I need to! I'm happy with it being a surprise, I think it's sweet." I finished, my cheeks now flushed.

Ivy nods, a sigh leaving her lips. "You're right. I think it's perfect, you look stunning! When's he picking you up?"

"He should be here soon." I replied, shaky palms rubbing themselves over the skirt of my dress.