1. Diamond of the First Water

Start from the beginning

They both stand on either side of Benedict as Anthony finally shows up. Probably off with his mistress doing god knows what. Eleanor look over to see Eloise holding a pamphlet. "What is that?" She ask her, grabbing it out of her hands.

"Eleanor!"

"Lady Whistledown? Who's Lady Whistledown?"

She grabs it back from her twin, "She is an incredibly intelligent author who is writing about people of the ton in name. I think she's going to be reporting all season."

"Okay, but who is she?"

"I'm not sure, I've never heard of someone named Lady Whistledown, could be a pen name," she suggests.

"Alright put it down, don't want to be reading it could be seen as disrespectful to the queen," she tell her.

"Ah, yes sister and you always love being respectful," El says sarcastically. "Just like the time you stole something from each of the debutantes last year as a game?" She whispers. Even though she whispered Eleanor still hit her in case anyone heard.

"It's not like I kept any of it, I gave it all back before the season was over," she whispers back.

"Well, I wouldn't be surprised if you've already stolen more," she laughs and Eleanor eyes widen, glancing over at her, making her stop. "You didn't," her sister starts to giggle and she gasps a little before laughing with her. They hook arms and catch up with their family who were a few steps ahead of them.

Today is a most important day, and for some a terrifying one, for today is the day London's marriage-minded misses are presented to Her Majesty the Queen. May God have mercy on their souls.

"Miss Prudence Featherington, Miss Philipa Featherington, and Miss Penelope Featherington all presented by their mother, the Right Honorable Lady Featherington," the announcer says and her and Eloise crane their necks over their siblings to see Penelope come out the door. She looks rather beautiful, but of course her sister mess it up for her. Well that and she looks terribly nervous. She looks over at two of her best friends and they give her smiles and she smiles back before looking at the ground.

They all bow before the queen, but their oldest sister doesn't really bow far enough and the queen just waves them off. Before they leave their sister passes out with her head laying right before the queen's feet.

It is only the queen's eye that matters today. A glimmer of displeasure and a young lady's value plummets to unthinkable depths.

All of  ton gasp in shock and the twins have to stop themselves from laughing. "Oh, I feel so bad for Pen," Eleanor whispers to El as they collect her sister off the ground.

"We'll see her later," she whispers back as the announcer starts again.

"Miss Daphne Bridgerton, presented by her mother, the Right Honorable, the Dowager Viscountess Bridgerton." They all watch as their eldest sister walks down the aisle with grace almost like it's her wedding day. She walks with her head high and a slight smile on her face before bowing before the queen.

Unexpectedly, the queen gets up and puts her hand under Daphne's chin, raising her up.  "Flawless, my dear," she compliments before giving her a kiss on her forehead. El and her turn to each other with their mouths dropped.

But as we know, the brighter a lady shines, the faster she may burn. It has been said that, "Of all bitches dead or alive, a scribbling woman is the most canine." If that should be true, then this author would like to show you her teeth. My name is Lady Whistledown. You do not know me, and rest assured, you never shall. But be forewarned, dear reader, I certainly know you.