The Inn at the Crossroads

Start from the beginning

"I know Little Wolf, so am I." Ned confirmed. They had caught up to Jaime. Ned went on ahead to catch up to Robert.

A fortnight had passed once more and Jessica couldn't be happier to stop for a few days rest. Jessica helped get Arya and Sansa settled. It gave her things to do besides avoid Jaime. They barely spoken two words to each other.

Nonetheless, Jessica spent her time chasing Arya around while Sansa fawned over the prince. It was early the second day when a knock came up on the door. She expected it to be her Father.

"Miss me?" Jaime flashed a smile at Jessica.

"Debatable." Jessica flashed a mocking smile.

"We've been summoned to break fast with Robert and your Father."

Seven Hells. That's the last thing Jessica wanted to do was to break fast with them. "Wonderful. Sounds like a lovely morning." Jessica smiled, taking his offered arm and the pair were off.

Outside, under the trees, there was a small table. Robert and Ned were already seated. Jaime and Jessica gave a bow to the King before seated.

"We were just talking about the wedding." Robert gave a jovial smile.

"About the cost." Ned corrected.

"Now we don't need -" Jessica began. Robert  held up a hand.

"I received a Raven from your soon-to-be Father-in-law. You are one lucky girl Lyanna Stark."

"How lucky?" Jaime raised an eyebrow.

Robert handed Jaime the note. He read it and read it, and reread it still. He leaned back. "Seven Hells."

"Jaime?" Jessica looked over at him.

"My Father is paying our entire wedding." Jaime leaned back in his chair.

"So take back what I said about a small wedding. We can absolutely treat at your Father's expense."

"Now your sounding like a Queen." Robert gave a toast to her.

"Jessica!" Arya came running down.

"Whats wrong?!" Both Ned and Jessica stood.

"Sansa won't take me looking for rubies along the river." Arya pouted clutching at Jessica's dress.

Both Ned and Jessica sighed in relief and sat back down. Arya climbed onto her lap.

Robert belted out laughing. "Rhaegar Taragaryen. Always did flash himself with jewels. His whole armor was clustered with rubies when I dealt the final blow. You go on Lass and you look for the rubies. And be sure let me know when you do."

Jessica straightened her Arya's hair. "When I'm done, I'll take you walking along the river. Alright." She looked her in the eye.

"Alright." Jessica sat her down.

"Can Mycha come too?" Arya looked down at her feet then at Jessica.

Jessica opened her mouth to speak then thought. "I'll let you know ok."

"Yes Ma'am." Arya ran back up to the Inn.

"Wine?" Robert offered.

"Robert." Ned warned.

"What? She's old enough one glass won't kill her." Robert poured Jessica a glass.

The rest of the breakfast went by awkwardly quiet, not that Jessica minded, she enjoyed the quiet. And as promised she grabbed Arya that afternoon, and yes, she let Mycha tag along. They were down aways from the inn. Jessica settled against a tree with a book. Nymeria laid her head in her lap as they played knights.