Chapter 20

-----------------------------------------

Stan's POV:

'We're all gonna die.'

It was the day. Her funeral. It had been about 3 days since I woke up and saw the love of my life dead. I was wearing a suit and I had styled my hair. I walk up to her casket and I felt the tears form in my eyes. She looks so beautiful. A few tears roll down my face and I put the note I wrote her on her chest in the casket. The letter says, 'My sweet angel, I don't know if you'll ever know what this says but I love you. It's gonna be so hard to go on without you, but it's what you want so I'll try my best. You were my first love and you mean everything to me. You will always hold a very special place in my heart. I love you more than anything. Love, your care bear, Stan' I walk back to the other losers and sit down next to Bev. She looks at me and we both share the same sad look. We all walk into the chapel and take our seats. I am sitting beside Hil and Bev. Y/n's mom is the first to speak. I don't really pay attention to her speech or Hil's speech. But now it's my turn. I walk up to the microphone and sigh."Y/n is the first girl I've ever loved, I don't know if I'll ever get over that. She was graceful, funny, smart, kind, loving, beautiful, strong, and courageous. She was the bravest girl I've ever met. Her smile alone could brighten up any bad situation. She had the most amazing personality. She was so graceful and such an amazing person to be around. I think I'll miss her forever." I say, a tear rolling down my face. "She deserved so much better, she deserved to live a long and happy life. But it's very rare that anyone ever gets what they deserve in life. I love her so much. I'd also like to say thank you to Kaitlyn, Y/n's mother, for raising her and giving me my world." I start crying as I walk off the stage. I sit back down next to Bev and she stands up and walks up to the microphone. "When I was around 2 or 3 years old before I met my sister by choice, I would walk around telling everyone that I wanted a sister so bad. Then on the first day of kindergarten, I met Y/n, and she and I were inseparable from that day on. Didn't matter where we were going, we were always together. She had the most beautiful eyes and the most amazing personality." Bev says as she starts to cry. "I will never ever forget her, she will always be my sister. I love her so much." Bev says as she starts sobbing. She walks away from the microphone and sits down next to me sobbing. The rest of the losers give short speeches. It was now time to go and bury her. I was riding in the car to the burial spot with Kaitlyn, Hil, and Bev. It was silent other than the occasional sniffle or something. I took out the picture of me and Y/n from my pants pocket. I look at Y/n's beautiful smile and a tear drips down onto the picture. We arrive at the burial spot and I put the picture back into my pocket and we get out. We walk to a big open hole in the ground and 3 rows of chairs, covered by a big baby blue canopy. I sit down in the third seat in the first row, Kaitlyn (Y/N's mom) is sitting in the first chair and Hil is in the second. Bev sits down next to me and the other losers fill up the other chairs in the first row. It was weird seeing us all so dressed up in black suits and dresses. Bev was wearing heels and a dress, which is very abnormal for her. I watch as 3 people who are all too familiar take a seat in the back row, Henry, Victor, and Belch sat there and they didn't look smug, they looked a little upset. I watch as Y/N's casket is carried to the canopy and placed on the ground next to the hole. All the rows were now full and I feel the tears starting to form in my eyes. I glance at Bev and she glances at me and we both share the same sad look. I then glanced at Hil, she was fighting to hold back her sobs. And then I glanced at Kaitlyn, she was also fighting to hold back sobs. I hear Richie start sobbing quietly, I look at him,  then I look back at the closed casket that had the love of my life in it, and I start sobbing too. The burial was a blur, all I remember is watching them put her beautiful baby pink casket into the ground. I cried the whole time, and so did Hil, and Kaitlyn, and all the other losers. We each helped fill the hole with dirt. And we all said our final goodbyes to her, each of us leaving a single buttercup flower on the fresh grave. Buttercups have always been Y/N's favorite flower. I was the last one to say my goodbyes and place a flower on her grave. "Y/n, I don't know if you can hear me, but I love you. But why'd you have to leave me? I don't know what I'm gonna do without you here." I say as I sit down on the ground next to her grave. "I don't know if I'll ever be able to love someone as much as I loved you, Ma Bouton D'or. I miss you so much, I think I'll miss you forever. I think I might cry a river if I keep sitting here, but then again I don't wanna leave you. But you will forever be Ma Papillion, and Ma Fraise, and most of all, you'll always be the love of my life. Je t'aime, Mon Ange, Je t'aime." I say as I gently place the buttercup on an open spot on her grave. I get up and slowly walk away and as I walk home, the only thing I can think about is important it is to cherish every damn moment with the people you love. You never truly know when the last time you'll see them will be. You don't know when the last time you'll tell them "I love you" is. You never know. I hate that she's gone, but I love all the memories, good, bad, doesn't matter, I love every single memory with her. 

(Time skip to when Stan is in his 20s) 

I still think about Y/n, every day. I still miss her, and I was right, I haven't found anyone who's loved me as much as she did, and I haven't loved anyone as much as I loved her. I sometimes think about how beautiful she would've been if she had lived and if she would have gotten to grow up. I have all the pictures of me and her that she had stored in the photo album she had. They're all on display on my desk or hanging on the wall or something in my dorm. Believe it or not me, Richie, Bev, Eddie, Hillary, and Bill all got into the same college. Mike didn't want to go to college, and Ben is currently a student at Harvard. I'm sharing a dorm with Bill, Eddie and Richie are sharing a dorm, and Bev is staying in a dorm with Hil. Hil and Eddie are still dating, in fact, they're engaged. Richie has dated a few girls, but none of them loved him so he hasn't dated anyone in about 2 years. I always wonder what it would've been like if she were still alive and we were still together. I wonder if we would've one day gotten married and started a family. But anyways, life has been ok other than I miss her more and more every day. But that's life I guess. Everyone dies eventually.

---------------------------------------------------