saviour

The funny thing is, when life gets too much, it builds and it builds and it builds, you can cope and keep going, then BANG!
You're swarmed with these overwhelming thoughts, emotions  memories. No break. Definitely no warning.

Crying in the toilets during PE  is where I was found.
Hugo was the one that found me. Hiding. Breaking.

PE was a good lesson if you used it rightly.
Our teachers were useless. All you had to do was sneak to the toilets on your way to the field or gym and no one would know any better. As long as you snuck back in to the group in time to get changed you were fine.

Not a lot of people risked it though; if you were caught, you were stuck with detention for a week sounded like Christmas. In reality, you were forced to do cross country style boot camp after school for a month.
Maybe if you were sporty this sounded like it was worth the risk, but to the everyday teen whose daily dose of exercise was going downstairs to get food from the fridge, this was a way of torture.
A very good deterrent for bunking PE.

I was one of the few stupid ones who decided the risk was worth it. I was so quiet and reserved in class that I was always able to get away with it.

As I said before, I hadn't cried in months.
Which is why when Hugo found me brokenly sobbing in the toilets, I was as shocked as he was.

I knew him from maths. We sat next to each other at the back. Every lesson we talked. Mainly about our joint obsession with Stranger Things or astrology. Yeah weird obsession, I know! But in my defense my brother is obsessed with stars, so much so, he is now studying to become an astrologist, so of course it was going to rub off on his little brother who he constantly annoyed with random facts about the stars.

Knock. Knock.

"Whose in there? Are you ok?"
Silence rung.
"It's ok. You don't need to talk. Abi says I am the most talkative person she knows so I can talk for a bit"
That, my friends, is how the friendship of Hugo and Alfie became to be.

Authors note
Hey everyone!
This is the end, I hope you enjoyed it.
Don't forget to vote or comment if you did...
Bye for now♡