☆ FOUR ☆

A/N After months of inactivity, I felt like writing something... Just a random Malec first date because I like stuttering and blushing Alec. Also a bit of a parabatai moment because I love that too.

Alec was trying his best to hold it together. Magnus and him were going on a date. He was going on a date with the incredible Magnus Bane. He could not be more excited. But he could also not be more nervous. His emotions were in a turmoil: what should he wear, what should he say, should he just not go at all?

"Alec?" Jace's voice outside the door.

"Mm?" Alec responded.

"What's wrong?" Jace asked.

"Nothing."

"Open the door."

"No."

Alec was too close to crying and pulling out of the date.

"Open the goddamn door," Jace said sternly.

"Why?" Alec snarked back, "Got another problem for me to fix? Got another girl you want me to apologise to because you broke her heart? Messed up a mission because you were drunk? What do you want me to do?"

There was silence. And then Jace said, "I'm sorry. I've been an absolute idiot to you. You don't have to fix my problems. I've been such an a-hole, but I want to help. Please open the door."

Alec relutantly did.

"What's going on? I can feel through the bond that you're more nervous than you've ever been."

"Promise not to tell anyone?" Alec asked after thinking for a bit.

"I swear on our bond," Jace said with a serious look that was so unlike Jace.

"I um... asked Magnus on a date. He agreed. It's today. I've never been on a date. Never kissed anyone. I don't know what I'm doing. And he's Magnus Bane. And yeah," Alec got through it.

"Alec... Why didn't you ever tell me you were gay?" Jace asked.

"I... don't know."

"Well, just so you know, it doesn't change anything between us. You're still my brother and parabatai. Nothing will change that. And Magnus... He likes you. I can tell. And I know his reputation is rather... interesting... But there's just an inkling in me that you've found something good. You've got this brother. Go be selfish for once. If anyone even says your name, I'll be there to cover. I can't give you great advice on this dating front, but I know when someone wants to know you better, and Magnus does want that. Go have a good time. I've got your back. You've had mine enough times now. It's my turn. Have fun. It's okay to be selfish now and again, yeah?"

Alec nodded. "Thanks, Jace. I'll always have your back."

Jace smiled. "I know."

Jace departed and Alec knew he wanted this date. So he got ready. A nice pair on jeans and a T-shirt. That should be good. He went with a simple black T-shirt with grey patterns of leaves. Quite an adventurous outfit for Alec. As he was about to leave the Institute, Jace stopped him and handed him a leather jacket.

"You'll rock a jacket, Alec, trust me."

With that Alec pretty much ran to Magnus' loft, realising he was already ten minutes late. When he got there, he was twenty-five minutes late. Alec rang the bell.

***

Magnus had given up on Alec's arrival, and had just decided to change into something more comfortable. He was undoing his shirt buttons (a maroon shirt with a pattern of black lines and some silver glitter) when his doorbell rang.