Chapter 2

His green eyes were staring right through my widened ones. I did not know what to say, especially when I saw him. His tall figure and his boarded chest always made me show slight fear.

"Papa I..." I tried, wanting to check if my voice was here. After gulping the lump in my throat back, I tried to speak again.

"Papa I wanted to take your pen, because I lost my one," I said crawling down from the table carefully on the chair. Right now, I could care less if I was standing on my books. Dad was here.

His serious face became stern one making me want to get out of the room as quick as possible. My heart almost jumped out of my throat when He said In Italian: "Get down from the chair Matthias" This is probably the first longest sentence he ever said to me.

Climbing down from the chair, I stood in front of him, staring down. First, he was too tall and second, it was hard to keep an eye contact with him when I was this close.

"What were you doing?" He asked again making me flinch as I heard his stern deep voice closer.

"I was putting the pen I picked up back to its place papa," I said adding papa to the end of the sentence. Maybe he will not get mad and let me go. Why would he get mad though, it was just a pen?

"Why did you pick it up in the first place?" Dad said making me rethink why I did it.

"I already said that I lost my pen so..."

"Whose permission do you ask when you grab something?" He said picking my books up to place them on the desk and sitting down on his chair, leaning back. I turned to face him again.

"The one's permission who this thing belongs to" I stated nervously fidgeting with my hands.

"Did you ask my permission before you touched my belongings?" Oh no. I did not. I shook my head looking down again.

"No..." He shook his head too. "No you didn't ask"

"Person who does not ask for permission to grab someone else's belongings is considered as a thief." dad said not looking away from me, not even once. I felt bad. If I was in his shoes, I would not like it if someone else touched my stuff without my permission. However, most of all I did not want dad to think that I am a thief. What do I do?

"Papa I'm not a thief" I said my voice trembling. No No No. This was not how I wanted our long conversation to work out.

"I-I even knocked before I walked in your office room, I thought you didn't hear me knocking and I walked in your room, but I saw that you weren't in the room at all. T-Than I was about to leave, but I saw pens and then I-I thought that-" I stopped when I realized that tears were wetting my cheeks, which made me embarrassed. My face got red. I did not want papa to see me crying, because he would think that I am a crybaby. I do not want him to think that. I want him to love me.

A soft sob escaped my lips and I ran out of his office door not even looking at his face. There is no need it look at it. I already know that there would probably be disgust written on it or anger.

I wish my pen would not get lost in the first place.