Chapter 35

Eddie's pov:

I woke up at around 1pm and got out of bed, I wiped my face from the eyeliner I had on yesterday, I went out to the kitchen and saw Steve placing a plate down on the counter. "What's all this?" I asked half asleep, "well you where in a gloomy mood yesterday so I thought I would make you breakfast!" Steve said happily. "I dont deserve you Steve." I said. Steve smiled ,kissed my cheek and said "I've got to go to work sweetheart, I dont want to be late for my first day." I looked at him confused "I thought you worked at that kids birthday party place?" "Yeah but I got fired you don't remember?" "Steveeee Harington being fired? What did you do?" I asked. "My boss caught us teaching a kid how to light a cigarette." He replied. "Ohhh now I remember!" Steve rolled his eyes and left.

++++++

"Hey Eddie I'm home!" My uncle said. I put out my cigarette and asked "Hey, how was work?" "It was fine, how are you?" "I'm fine." I said. "Eddie, why do you blame yourself?" My uncle asked sitting down on the sofa. My ears started ringing and I lost focus, "w-what?" I stutterd, I sat down on the sofa with him. "Why do you blame yourself for what happened to your mother?" "Becuase...... its my fault." I said nervously biting my nails. "But, even you know it's not your fault." My uncle said. "Wayne if I hadn't told my dad what I said, then he wouldn't have drove out to that lake, my mum wouldn't have gotten into that car and she wouldn't be dead. So it's my fault." I explained. I felt my eyes water up and my lungs start to close up. "What did you tell him? What did you tell him that made him get in that car?" Wayne asked.

"Well, he was watching the game and was on his like, 5th beer. I walked up to him and asked the question 'is it normal to like a boy?' And he gave me this look, he looked at me like he wanted to kill me and he wanted to unhear what I had just asked. He grabbed my hair and dragged me out to the car, my mum followed him out side and got in the car, while my dad pressed on the gas pedal my mum tried to talk him out of it and tell him that I didn't really mean what I asked, then my drunk father took his hands off the wheel to shout at my mother, the car swerved off the road and we ended up in the lake. The back window was open and I wasn't wearing a seat belt so I floated up to shore, mum was stuck in her seat and by the time to police got there it was already to late. She was in the hospital for around a week before she ended up passing and dad went to jail, and what happened to the kid that caused it? Well I ran away and ended up at the front door of my uncle. So Wayne, if you want to know why I blame myself. That's why, and since you wanted to know why my dad took the car out that night, its because he found out his son was a f@g."

"Eddie, none of that is your fault, absolutely none of that is your fault. You've got to stop beating yourself up because of the actions of some shitty man." My uncle said. I wiped the tears from my eyes and Wayne hugged me tightly.