II. A NEW FRIEND

Jeremiah and Robin had just dropped Felix off at school

Jeremiah and Robin had just dropped Felix off at school. Well, they rode with him and made sure he got inside okay before going to their school. He and Robin split ways, her going to high school and him going to middle school.

Before he could even put his bike up he was bombarded with people, the baseball team, and the popular crowd. He was hoping he could avoid everyone today.

Jeremiah didn't like big crowds. He didn't like all of the attention. It made him very anxious and nervous. like if he said the wrong thing everyone would hate him. It was too much pressure for him.

The group of people followed him into school asking him all sorts of questions. like if he could sit with them at lunch, what products he uses to get his hair the way it was. if he thinks his team is gonna win the next game.

he had managed to answer most of the questions and get away from the group of kids by the time he got to his locker. his locker was right by Will. He noticed that Will was just standing in front of his locker not moving.

He noticed he was also holding a paper. It looked like a newspaper clipping. "whatcha got there will?"

" Nothing," Will said, he tried to hide it from Jeremiah but it was too late. Jeremiah had already taken the piece of paper out of his hands.

Jeremiah was angry. someone had cut out an article from when Will had supposedly drowned and came back to life and written zombie boy on it in green marker.

" It's fine, jere, it's really not a big deal." Will tried to tell him. but it was a big deal to Jeremiah at least. He couldn't believe someone was bullying one of the nicest kids in Hawkins.

" I'm gonna find out who did this. and then I'm gonna kick their ass," Jeremiah informed him.

" Jere, please don't you're only gonna make it worse," Will begged, grabbing Jeremiah by the arm before he could walk away. Jeremiah didn't look too convinced. " please!"

he could see how much Will didn't want him to find out who did this. The look Will had in his eyes made Jeremiah want to cry. Will did not deserve what was happening to him.

" Okay, I won't." he could see will visibly relax. " but I make no promises if I happen to hear who did this"

one plus to being on the popular side of things is that he got all the gossip. not just from the girls, it was mostly the boys on the baseball team. so it was likely someone would brag about doing this to will, and then he would kick their ass.

" fine, as long as you don't go find them yourself.'' Will sighed, knowing he couldn't stop Jeremiah from attacking the person who did this. It was actually comforting to know that Jeremiah cared about him enough to want to fight for him.

the bell rang meaning they had to get to class or they would be late. Jeremiah walked Will to class. and glared at anyone who looked at them sideways.