11.

She turned around, watching Kali laughing as Tyler said something. She didn't know what, but she could tell Kali was genuinely laughing.

"You ain't say you was seeing Trav."

Cleo turned around, Rakim standing behind her.

"I'm not seeing him."

"You all that nigga talk about," Rakim shook his head.

He began to turn, but Tyler was only getting started. She had to distract him.

"C'mon." Cleo grabbed hold of his arm, taking him up into the upper deck of the house.

He followed behind her as she climbed up a ladder on the side of the patio, which led up to the roof.

"I like this view," he smirked from under her as she climbed.

"Don't look or I'll kick," she laughed, watching down at him as he climbed underneath her.

She sat up on the roof carefully overlooking everyone underneath.

They were silent as they sat, Cleo breaking the ice.

"What do you want from me?" She asked, looking at him.

He sighed. "I don't know what I want. This is like, the first time I've felt interested in someone that isn't trying to get my attention." He chuckled. "And hearing Travis talk about you made me feel a way."

Cleo couldn't help but stare at his gorgeous lips. She'd never admit it.

"You wanna kiss them?" He asked, realizing how her gaze stayed on his moving mouth.

"I'm watching you speak! oh my god. You think everyone is obsessed with you, that's the problem."

"I can't help it."

"I know."

He moved onto her quickly, taking the chance as his lips moved against hers in perfect harmony. Seconds in Cleo realized what was happening. She stopped it and pulled away.

"What about Kali?" Cleo sighed.

"I'm not thinking about her."

Her hands got sweaty. Her heart was already beating out of her chest, but now it felt like it was in her throat. Her face softened.

"Then what the fuck do you want?" Cleo was growing frustrated with him. They kept going in circles.

"I think I like you." He spoke.

Again, it felt like cupid kept throwing arrows at her.

"Do you mean that? or do you just want to sleep with me?"

"Both." He grinned.

"Rakim."

"Genuinely. This is different. I haven't felt like this," he looked down at his hands somberly. "Like, all the relationships I been in have just been physical. I think a girl is cute and that's all she is to me. It's based on the attraction. We don't talk about shit but sex. And jealousy, and stupid superficial shit..."

Cleo stayed quiet, trying to process the fact that what he was saying was all real. This moment was real, too. This wasn't a fantasy or a made up dream in her head.

"...But its the first time a girl doesn't feel the same." He finished.

Cleo looked at him. "You know I only want the best for Kali. And if you're not 100% with her then I want you tell her."

"I respect that. I like that you care about her like that," He smiled. "I really wanna know you."

Cleo sighed.

"I don't know Rakim. I just need to process this."

God, if they weren't in an awkward love triangle she'd tell him that that was all she ever wanted to hear. That he was what she had always thought about since middle school, and that in her head they were already married and had three kids. But now, it was real. And she needed to rethink things.

"Can I help with that?" He asked, coming closer.

Cleo nodded, signaling that it was okay to kiss her.

Even his kisses were smooth. He knew exactly where to lay his hands, perfectly on her hip as he pulled her closer. Cleo's hand held on to his cheek as the kiss became rougher. Neither wanted the moment to be over. She wanted to feel him so bad, skin to skin. She wanted to know what his body looked like on top of her; if it looked the same way she'd imagined it a million times in her daydreams. A small moan escaped her lips as her fantasies got the best of her.

"This is what you think about?" he breathed into her ear.

She wondered if he could read her mind.

He kissed down the side of her neck while his hand traced up underneath her shirt. His hand skimmed over her chest. "Your heart is beating out of your fucking chest," His lips reached contact with hers again. He bit her bottom lip and pulled it away before letting go and kissing her hard again.

"Cleo! that shit worked—,"

They both pulled away as they realized who was interrupting.

"Tyler?" She asked, watching as a confused expression played on his face.