6.

"Oh my god you're here!" Kali opened the door.

"Against my will," Cleo stepped in, closing the door behind her.

"Is that Cleo?!" Steve called from upstairs.

"Yeah!" Kali shouted back.

It was Friday night, the night of Rakim's party, to be exact.

Cleo made her way into Kali's room. She already had a full face of makeup done, but she was still in pajamas. Steve laid on Kali's bed as he scrolled through his phone.

"Please don't go overboard." Cleo stated, unsure as Kali sat her down in a chair.

A whole organized makeup collection sat in front of her.

"Oh that's exactly what we're going for." Kali laughed.

Kali spun Cleo around so she couldn't see herself in the mirror yet.

She began the makeup process.

"So who was the guy you were talking to after school?" Cleo asked Steve.

"What guy?" Kali furrowed her brows.

"Jonathan. He's new and signed up for art club." He sat up, smirking. "I invited him to the party tonight."

"No way."

"Oh my god, for real?"

"Yeah. He said he'd meet me there." He smiled.

"Finally you meet someone that isn't a closeted piece of shit," Cleo laughed.

...

"Oh my god Kali. That is not me." Cleo looked at herself in the mirror. Her makeup was perfect. Completely over the top but it...fit?

"Dude I can feel these lashes touch my fucking eyebrows," Cleo touched them.

"Don't mess with it!" Kali swatted her hand. "Here. You're putting this on." She handed her a dress.

"No. Hell no, Kali this is too short."

"It's the longest dress I have. You're overreacting. C'mon," She shoved her into the bathroom to put it on.

Cleo looked at herself in the mirror. The dress was tight, it came down mid thigh.

"We don't got all fucking night!" Steve called from the other side.

"It looks so cute!" Kali and Steve gave their approval.

"Here, these heels go with that," Kali handed her a pair.

"It's a fucking house party not prom," Cleo walked past, putting on the sneakers she came in with.

"Hmm, it works." Steve raised a brow, surprised.

...

"Damn," Steve spoke as they got out of Kali's car.

They watched people walk in and out, some were smoking on the rooftop, the lights changed color from the inside and it was reflecting on the windows that led to the porch. It was a massive house party, some face were unrecognizable. The trio knew they were probably people from his old school.

They walked in, Crushed Up by Future blared through the speakers set up in different areas of the house. Cleo watched as a group sat on the couch in a cloud of smoke. A couple sat across from them as they made out on the loveseat. It was a packed house.

"C'mon, Rakim's in the back!" Kali shouted as Steve and Cleo followed behind.

"Oh shit! you made it!" Rakim hugged Kali, then turned his attention to Cleo.