005

CHAPTER 5

CHAPTER 5

it was nighttime and everybody was at the ramirez household because they had the bigger dining table

it was nighttime and everybody was at the ramirez household because they had the bigger dining table. dinner had passed already, nothing much happened. belly got her invitation to the deb season, she still hasn't made a decision. steven and jere are gonna be working at the club, and conrad quit football.

all things lani already knew, from talking to jere.

"mamá por favor déjame ir a la fogata, tú sabes que yo soy responsable, ni que fuera a ir a consumir cocaina. además voy a estar con los chicos, si algo ellos me defienden." mom, please let me go to the bonfire, you know i'm responsible, it's not as if i were gonna go snort cocaine. besides, i'm going with the guys, if anything they'll defend me. lani pleaded.

fernanda and her were in the kitchen cleaning up, while everybody was in the living room. fernanda stopped washing the dishes and turned around to look at lani. with a sigh, she spoke. "termina de recoger la mesa y te dejo ir." finish cleaning up the table and i'll let you go.

lani beamed and scurried into the dining room, picking up all the remaining plates in one hand. "let me help you with that." she heard jere say from behind her, he placed a hand on the small of her back.

he picked up the cups and the utensils. they both made their way to the kitchen and put them inside the dishwasher so her mom wouldn't have to continue washing. "the table is all organized now." she told her mom.

"fine, you can go, but if you come back here shitfaced i will kill you." she threatened.

"yay! thanks mom, you're the best, love you."

they all headed over to the fisher's. the moms and belly were gonna stay behind to have their traditional movie night, while the others were at the bonfire. while everybody was doing whatever they were doing, lani was in the kitchen making brownies with susannah. "so, are you excited to start the deb season?"