003

CHAPTER 3

CHAPTER 3

"what do i have to buy for this sort of thing?" lani asked as she walked down the streets of cousins with her mom and susannah

"fancy clothes but you have to have a style, you have to own it." susannah replied.

the first thing they wanted to buy was her white dress, to get it out of the way. they entered a bridal shop and lani immediately began trying on dresses picked out by susannah and fernanda.

"it's pretty but i don't think i could stand an entire night in it." lani said to them after trying on the first dress, it was a huge white dress, like a ball gown dress with a tight ass corset.

she quickly discarded it and tried on the next one. it was an off-white off-the-shoulder dress made entirely out of tulle. "i look too much like a bride." she complained.

it took 3 more dresses after that before she finally found one she liked. it was a backless, spaghetti-strap dress, it was slim-fit until about mid-thigh and then the dress spread out, it fit her really well. "i love it." she smiled.

"i do too." fernanda and susannah agreed. they bought it and moved on to buy outfits for the tea times and rehearsals, she got one of those weird small hats as well.

on their way back home, the three of them were shouting lyrics to taylor swift songs, the mom's had been introduced to her thanks to lani.

they arrived back home and as lani and fernanda were starting to unload the car full of shopping bags they heard susannah curse. "what happened?" fernanda asked, a look of worry coming across her face. weird. lani thought.

"i forgot i need to go out and buy some things for laurel's party." she said. "fernanda can you come with me?" fernanda's face flooded with relief.

lani's mom nodded. "we'll be right back." lani nodded and watched as her mom and susannah drove away. she picked up all the shopping bags that were on the driveway and carried them inside, leaving them in the kitchen floor next to the island.

she walked into the living room expecting to find jere but she immediately wants to kill herself when she realizes it was only conrad and he was sat facing her. she didn't know what to do, should she just turn around and leave? should she say hi? before she decided what to do, conrad spoke up.

"hey."

"uh hi, do you know where jere is?" she asked him.

"he's out he should be back soon."

she nodded and turned around to leave. "elle." she heard him call, her heart breaking a little when he called her by the nickname. but she was already pretty far away so she pretended she didn't hear him and went upstairs to wait in jere's room.

as she was walking towards his room she saw that conrad's door was open. she stopped and debated wether she should go in or not. she looked behind her to make sure he hadn't followed her and went inside.

it was a lot different than the last time she had been here. he had a much bigger bed now and he had changed the entire color palette. she looked around and saw a few blunts on his nightstand. she had no idea he smoked.

she looked around a bit more and then heard the front door open and close. she rushed out of his room and closed the door, she ran to jere's room and sat at his desk like she had been there waiting for him.

he came upstairs and saw her there, they began talking and as much as lani tried to pay attention her mind was elsewhere. why was her mom so worried when susannah cursed, it wasn't anything out of the normal. but most importantly, conrad smoked? she knew she hadn't seen him for years and she didn't really know him anymore but that just seemed so out of character for him.

she kept giving thought to it before she snapped out of it. why was she thinking so much about him? what he did was none of her business, besides she was totally over him, right? right?

 why was she thinking so much about him? what he did was none of her business, besides she was totally over him, right? right?

luci speaks! 🌱

sorry for the short chapter, i'm just really tired rn and have a bit of writer's block lol

hope you guys enjoyed it though!

also for reference this is kinda what i had in mind for her debutante dress but without the train